Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

late model seats

Moderator: Mod Squad

late model seats

Post #1 by Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:54 am

I wanted to restore my original seat in my ranchero but for 1/3rd the price I scored a pair of black leather 2001 pontiac grand prix seats. The drivers side is full power with a wiring harness that is more complicated than my whole car- six wires going in. Does anyone know how I could figure out how to hook these things up? Is there a basic logic to power seats- I would imagine they are all pretty much the same. Or any suggestions on where I could post this question since it isn't exactly a falcon question?

MustangSix
Assistant Admin

Post #2 by MustangSix » Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:44 am

Normally, six way power seats have three motors and three switches. Add another if the seat has power lumbar support.

There are two wires, plus a ground, to each motor. Power to one wire makes the motor go one way; power to the other spins it the opposite direction.

The best way to sort this out might be to lurk on the W-bodies forums at grandprix.net. All GM wiring should be pretty generic.

Or you could also try searching for a street rod site with instructions.
Jack Collins