Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

no way

Moderator: Mod Squad

no way

Post #1 by Guest » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:08 am

no way is this ranchero worth the bids this is getting- if it is I am a wealthy monkey. lots of photos though. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1872987574

addo
VIP Member

Post #2 by addo » Thu Nov 28, 2002 1:21 am

Right on there...

Check out the current high bidder's profile. He's a trader, too.

:evil: HOW MUCH DOES THIS GOOSE THINK HE CAN ONSELL IT FOR? :evil:

I get mad at opportunistic pricing because it forces up the cost of all the little fiddly bits the rest of us chase - chrome strips, lenses, bezels - whatever. And because these cowboys are just in it for the churn, there's little incentive to repro the hard to get, less conspicuous (but still necessary) parts. Only this year, some more Falcon family parts have gone off-market when the sole maker died.

Adam.

Mustangaroo

Post #3 by Mustangaroo » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:35 am

Well I know that it seams like a high price, and maybe it is! But it sure is a sweet example of the Ford Ranchero. I say more power too them, the more he gets will only raise the price of our cars as well!
Last edited by Mustangaroo on Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

dwood

Post #4 by dwood » Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:07 am

It takes all kinds of people. That is way out of line pricewise. They took the time to paint it and does not even look like they tried to find a correct gas cap. 6 cyl at that . I know that is what everyone on the site likes but the price is crazy.. That interior is horrible.

There is not a description of the truck that i found.

Darin

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #5 by Falcon62 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 9:50 am

While it is a clean example of a '65 Ranchero and is worth what a buyer is willing to pay, it does have some flaws. For a 'chero with a price tag like this one, I would expect it to be near mint.

Check out photo #1 and see the rust bubbles in the paint at either end of the emblem. There's either a fisheye or another rust bubble near the center of the pic.

Photo 2 & 5 - There appears to be a half dollar sized dimple in the paint just above the body line. It's even in-line with the door lock which makes it stand out even more.

Photos 5 & 6 - The aforementioned mis-matched gas cap.

Photo 25 - The parking brake is disconnected. You can see the ball end of the front cable touching the cross member and nothing attached to the arm on the tranny mount.

The engine color and the tranny color are different. Makes me wonder if the tranny had been replaced or rebuilt. I agree with Darin about the interior - the gold does not match the blue exterior at all. Guess there's no accounting for taste. :roll:

Lastly, why no close ups of the most rust-prone areas?????
Phil, USAF Retired
'61 Futura 2dr
'62 Sports Futura, 200/C4
ASE Master Re-Certified Collision & Refinishing Technician

Thad
FSP Moderator

Post #6 by Thad » Thu Nov 28, 2002 10:44 am

It looks good, but let's hope the seller doesn't hold his breathe until he gets his 12k reserve. He will be a brighter blue than the 'chero.
Have to look up the '65color chart but is that an original factory color?
There are those who just dream,
and there are those who do more than dream. ><> = +

Post #7 by Guest » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:32 pm

It's got '64 hubcaps on it as well :wink:

Thor

Post #8 by Guest » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:20 pm

Those hubcaps were used on '65s, also. In the Falcon Performance Portfolio, a collection of old car test articles on the Falcon, they feature a '65 with these hubcaps. So, they can be correct for this application.

addo
VIP Member

Post #9 by addo » Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:06 am

I understand Ford (and others) used to run out the old style parts on commercials, after new sedan stylings were implemented. This could be a part of such a régime.

There's a much cheaper six-potter '64 on now. I know which I'd prefer. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1873829113

Regards, Adam.

Post #10 by Guest » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:24 am

$8500 didn't hit his reserve :shock: it's been relisted here;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873789589

Is blue block with red valve cover right? I guess that too is nit picky but paying that kind of money one would expect show quality :roll: which I don't think this vehicle is close too!

I agree with Adam the '64 would be a better deal, even if you payed $2000 -3000 for it you would have $10,000 left over to put into it (if you had that kind of money :P )

See Ya,
Mike

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #11 by Falcon62 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:01 am

Is blue block with red valve cover right?

I did a double take on the valve cover color too until I checked the color codes. For '65, Ford red on the air cleaner and valve cover is correct with the blue block, but it sure looks strange. I thought that color combo was only used with black blocks and when Ford went to blue, the whole engine got it. Guess I was wrong! :shock:
Phil, USAF Retired
'61 Futura 2dr

addo
VIP Member

Nice project

Post #12 by addo » Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:11 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1874398340
6 cylinder, Eaton PS... wonder what it'll go for?

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #13 by Falcon62 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:08 am

According to the seller:

It is completely original except for the front bucket seats

Yeah, and the pre-64 console, headers, chrome gas and brake pedals, non-stock air cleaner, chrome valve cover, etc,. etc., etc.

Guess "completely original" has an entirely different meaning to me. :roll:
Phil, USAF Retired
'61 Futura 2dr

dwood

Post #14 by dwood » Sun Dec 08, 2002 11:30 am

You are correct. For from completely original.. I never too the time to look at the car. A original car today is going to be very difficult to find..

D A R I N

Post #15 by Guest » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:10 pm

How do you like that big ball-looking thing on the end of the column shifter??

I will have to get one of those! :rolflmao: