Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

putting my column back togethor

Moderator: Mod Squad

rommaster2

putting my column back togethor

Post #1 by rommaster2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Ok well I took my column apart to not only replace some parts in it but to also try and fix a short that ended up being related to my turn signal switch. Now my only question is on the area that holds the turn signal switch originally I had to undo these two bolts to get it off from the rest of the column, heres the problem those two bolts were holding onto some tab or something and now they are not. Does anybody know how to get these back on, I would imagine it would be fine with just putting the steering wheel back on but i would like to do it right.

62rebel

Re: putting my column back togethor

Post #2 by 62rebel » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm

the best way to do this job is to put the bolts in place and thread the nuts on enough to keep them from falling out. removing the switchplate could be done without actually taking the nuts off (found that out after doing it this way) but you're past that. with the bolts in place, hold them DOWN by maintaining pressure against the nuts. slip the switchplate down over the column jacket and feel for the "click" when the square heads of the bolts hit the holes they cam out of (while feeding the wire bundle through the jacket) and then carefully tighten them up, as they tighten, they pull into the holes and keep the switchplate snug. once you've done it two or three times its a cinch!