Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

falcon tubbing?

Moderator: Mod Squad

hipdqwik

falcon tubbing?

Post #1 by hipdqwik » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:54 am

Does anyone have pictures or advice on tubbing a 62 falcon sedan? I want to fit some decent meats back there but I'm lost as to what I'm getting myself into. I would like to hear from anyone who has done this with a 9 inch and maybe some price quotes, or even pictures. Thanks in advance, hipDqwik@msn.com

rbohm
Assistant Admin

Post #2 by rbohm » Tue Dec 03, 2002 2:02 am

8) how large a tire are you planning on using? if you are going to use a relatively normal size then you dont need to install tubs. if however you are planning to use something like a 14" wide mickey thompson tire, then you not only need tubs, but to relocate the inner frame rails. jegs, summit racing, and chris alston chassis works carry wheel tubs and rear subframe kits that relocate the frame rails and suspension.
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

my mind is aglow with whiriling
transient nodes of thought
careening through a cosmic vapor
of invention

Thad
FSP Moderator

Post #3 by Thad » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:43 am

Unless you are going to be really wide moving the sub frames is not needed.

Measured my '65 between the fender and frame there enough room for a +/- 11" wide tire. It would take a partial tub, not to make wide or bigger, but to replace the rounded inboard top of the wheel wells . So with the right wheels you should easily run 10" wides.
There are those who just dream,
and there are those who do more than dream. ><> = +

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #4 by Falcon62 » Thu Dec 05, 2002 7:42 pm

Ya mean like this:

Check out Don's site - he not only tubbed his car but transplanted a nicely built 351-C.

http://home.maine.rr.com/fordfalcon/falcon%20suspension.htm
Phil, USAF Retired
'61 Futura 2dr
'62 Sports Futura, 200/C4
ASE Master Re-Certified Collision & Refinishing Technician