Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

front coil springs for round bodies...

Moderator: Mod Squad

secondchancebird

front coil springs for round bodies...

Post #1 by secondchancebird » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

I've been scouring the internet for days now, ready to purchase some new front coil springs for my 6 cyl bird. However, I am running into a bunch of dead ends and the only thing I can find that remotely might work is a set of 65-73 V8 mustang grab-a-trak springs from mustangs plus. Are these direct bolt-on replacements, or will modification be necessary? If these won't work, what have people tried on here that does work. I want to keep the 144 in there and the stock suspension geometry, but I'm not opposed to cutting coils if need be. Any ideas?

FalconSedanDelivery

Re: front coil springs for round bodies...

Post #2 by FalconSedanDelivery » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:45 pm

A 65-66 Mustang with a 170-200 should be the same , and you can always cut one coil , depending on the ride height you want
Falcon 6's, FE's I Like them both , Sold all My 6 cyl stuff ( for now at least ) glad to pass along some tips though

jamyers
VIP Member

Post #3 by jamyers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 pm

I've been down that road - and trust me, there's a LOT of different springs for roundbodies, Ford had different ones for just about every different model.

Call the nice lady at Espo Springs N Things, they'll have exactly what you need, or they can get it. Good prices, too.

http://www.springsnthings.com/

Seriously, I wouldn't waste time or effort on anything else - give 'em a call. :thumbup:
James - '62 Ranchero (200cid), '71 LeSabre (464cid)

The ONLY safety device we need is a 6" sharpened steel spike bolted to the center of the steering wheel of EVERY vehicle.
Emergency Rooms and Funeral Homes will be busy for a week or so, then I predict a dramatic drop in vehicle accidents.

FalconSedanDelivery

Post #4 by FalconSedanDelivery » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 pm

Agreed Ford Did , BUT , they, with thier small diferences are no longer available , I too have been down that roads , and even after new are installed you may not like how it sits ( too high usually ) I live fairly close to ESPO , and they are ( or at least used to be) the place for all spring sources , but they are way off of the price on Leafs now , don't know what happened , I think there source dried up , either way some of it is still trial and error
Falcon 6's, FE's I Like them both , Sold all My 6 cyl stuff ( for now at least ) glad to pass along some tips though