Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Falcon (FCA) national meet in Deaborn, MI next week

Moderator: Mod Squad

aribert

Falcon (FCA) national meet in Deaborn, MI next week

Post #1 by aribert » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 am

FYI

If any of you are in the region, the FCA (Falcon Club of America) will hold their annual meet this year in Dearborn, MI, less than a mile from the Glass House on Thursday, Friday, Saturday 15, 16 & 17 July.

When I talked to the local Falcon club member who is handling registration, I think he mentioned that they anticipate over 200 cars. I'll be there on Friday and Saturday.
61 , Deluxe trim & original 54 yr old factory padded dash. Custom interior, stock color base/clear, 275K mi, My car for the last 47 years (OK, first decade "ownership" from the left rear seat). '78 200, 3.03 manual trans, '73 dist w/ points & TFI ign, Weber32/36, 15 wheels Image

91 F150 4.9 almost stock

R62HOPE

Re: Falcon (FCA) national meet in Deaborn, MI next week

Post #2 by R62HOPE » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:52 am

I plan on being there Friday afternoon or Saturday... Maybe.

Was your car at Motor Muster? I saw a Ming Green '61 there. It's the same color as my '62!!

Mine's not quite as nice, but I drive mine every day - Rain, snow, salt or sun... So she has some bruises.
Rob

aribert

Post #3 by aribert » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 am

Sorry, not me. I have never been to the Motor Muster. Generally speaking, I do not do car shows. This will only be the second time a car of mine has ever been "in" a show. My car went from being a daily driver (in Texas, I put the second 100k miles on it in 5 years) to an in season driver in Michigan when I moved here in '85. And this May I fixed the air in my F150 so I finally have a vehicle w/ functioning air so I have been driving it on the hotter/muggier days. Last night I swapped out a couple of jets and today I drove the Falcon - still fine tuning the Weber.
61 , Deluxe trim & original 54 yr old factory padded dash. Custom interior, stock color base/clear, 275K mi, My car for the last 47 years (OK, first decade "ownership" from the left rear seat). '78 200, 3.03 manual trans, '73 dist w/ points & TFI ign, Weber32/36, 15 wheels Image

91 F150 4.9 almost stock

R62HOPE

Post #4 by R62HOPE » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:01 pm

Wow... Both transplants from the Southwest with similar rides... Small world: Cheers! :beer: I got transferred here from Arizona in 2007. Do you ever get used to it?
Rob

aribert

Post #5 by aribert » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 pm

"Do you ever get used to it?"

Such as: winter?, short sighted/narrow minded local focused MI politics?, our local 3rd world infastructure?.....

I choose to move here to be able to work in the automotive industry - now the auto industry does does not enthrall me nearly as much and I dream of retiring to be able to play! I do not miss the summer humidity in Houston! I have mentioned to my wife that retirement somewhere between Prescott and Flagstaff would be nice but she does not seem interested.

As far as winter goes, I **look forward** to it - this is when I try to get more involved car projects done (I have a heated garage at the former batchelor pad - unfortunately it is 10 miles from home). Last winter my tenant of 13+ years at the workshop garage house moved out in early Dec and I spent my winter renovating that house - no car projects last winter what so ever - and consequently I have had a very miserable spring squeezing in a few of the car project issues that typically would have been done in Jan, Feb, Mar. - the rest of the projects that did not get done have to slip to next winter such as the slipping clutch & trans refresh for my Triumph and milling the head & swapping in a Clifford solid lifter cam along with fabbing a custom A/C comp & alt mount for the Falcon.

If you end up going to Dearborn next weekend, look me up - I expect to spend a fair bit of time around my car on Sat, if you see a middle age guy w/ beard and "business length" ponytail that will probably be me.

91 F150 4.9 almost stock

whereyaatbob

Post #6 by whereyaatbob » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:14 am

i hope to make it on saturday.dont need to do the tours,ive worked in dearborn assy,henry ford museum,proving grounds,and the hyatt., flat rock etc... ibew local 58 electrician. see ya there.

R62HOPE

Post #7 by R62HOPE » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:14 pm

aribert, saw your car come in with the second wave at the Development Center. I got to "volunteer" there Friday since I had to work in Romeo today... I was the last car in the lineup - the one off to the side waiting for all of the other cars to get on the track. I wasn't able to catch up with you since I had to wrangle but the car looks great!

Seeing all of those birds in one place was awesome!
Rob

whereyaatbob

Post #8 by whereyaatbob » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:07 am

got there late sat {car troubles}.what an amazing sight.half the cars were gone but the 200 or so left was worth the ride.50 rancheros easy. i loved the 4x4 .it looked like ford did it . supercharged 427 coupe was sic. lotsa dual quad set ups.,including the hot wheels sedan delivery w 3" chop and more wheelwell than bed. dozens of restored falcons .plenty of drivers {about half of them or more drove there, probably more?}i saw 3-4 econoline p.u. truck van ,always cool. the v8s i think out numbered the sixes, as usual. i was really lookin for a hopped up 6, but didn"t find any ,darn . its a shame i forgot my camera . ill be lookin for some mag pics or web pics of the event to see what i missed.waitin till the dream cruise now. weather gods be kinder please.

cruzingratiot

Post #9 by cruzingratiot » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:36 am

375 pictures from 2010 falcon nationals
that i took
http://s892.photobucket.com/albums/ac12 ... nats%20MI/

app 200 pics from FCA website
http://www.falconclub.com/FCANationals/index.html
Donate Life
6-7-04 Liver Transplant Recipitant
http://www.iaod.org/ International Association for Organ Donation
http://www.donatelife.net/ U S A for Organ Donation
Thank You
My Ranchero Album click here

whereyaatbob

Post #10 by whereyaatbob » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:34 am

tks gratiot love them tripower sixes

aribert

Post #11 by aribert » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:43 am

Below is a link to an album of the 100 cars lined up to tour the Ford development track on Friday afternoon.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll27 ... o%20track/

Pics are labled from start thru 16, the line wrapped almost the entire parking lot.

91 F150 4.9 almost stock

Falconman62

Post #12 by Falconman62 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:39 am

That was a nice get together. I am in pic. two of the photo album. White shirt, black hat, and grey jeans in the center back ground! :mrgreen: