Falcon Carpet Kit and Headliner

Moderator: Mod Squad

pikesan

Falcon Carpet Kit and Headliner

Post #1 by pikesan » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:47 am

Hi everyone,
Any advice on getting good quality carpet and headliner for our Falcons? I have a wagon, but am interested in the companies you've used. Just need BLACK so nothing fancy. I want thick, heavy stock-like carpet.

Thanks for any help!
pikesan
See all my cars here: Pikesan's Garage What's in your garage?

pikesan

Re: Falcon Carpet Kit and Headliner

Post #2 by pikesan » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:30 pm

No opinions on this or has it just been a while since a Falcon dude's been here?

A friend who I respect and is a moderator at TFFN told me ACC carpets are the best. He also said that alot of companies ship ACC's build carpet, but cheaper. I'll let everyone know what I go with.
See all my cars here: Pikesan's Garage What's in your garage?

stu in wichita

Post #3 by stu in wichita » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:10 am

This is the headliner I put in my Ranchero. I see they have a liner for wagons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-1969-FORD-RANCHERO-HEADLINER-USA-MADE-TOP-QUALITY-/111043601236?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19dab6e354&vxp=mtr

It was less expensive than most, but I took a chance and was really happy with it. The material is the correct "moon crater" texture, the bow pockets were nice, strong cloth and the fit was great. I also bought the cloth windlace from them, which was also really well made. They were happy to send samples of everything I was interested in before I decided, so I give them a big thumbs up.

On the carpet, you can't go wrong with ACC. If a vendor sells that brand, they usually will say so. I bought a cheaper carpet and wasn't impressed. The material is probably the same, and it fit okay, but the heel pad was cheesy looking and it was glued, not sewn - not a huge deal, but it does show.

Good luck - I really like your wagon.
-Stu

69Falcon

Post #4 by 69Falcon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:42 pm

I had an ACC carpet in my bird, good quality and held up well. I just ordered a new headliner from Mac's, will let you know about quality once I get it.
Chuck
Always thinking too much...

vssman

Post #5 by vssman » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:26 pm

ACC is in my convertible as well. Holding up just fine.
63 Falcon 'vert running a 68 200CID Tri carb and a few other goodies

aribert

Post #6 by aribert » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:38 am

I used ACC for my Falcon also - about 12 years ago. I bought a charcoal grey color and the carpet is not UV stable - with in a few years it developed a brown tint to it. I had also bought a yard of matching carpet at the time and used it to cover the parcel shelf. I ended up painting the carpet on the parcel shelf with a rattle can because it was so faded. My car is always garaged (out of the sun) unless I am driving it and I have only put about 20K miles on it since getting the carpet.

I seriously doubt that any other vendor would have better material stock - unfortunately there is a pretty wide gap between aftermarket and OEM level material specs.
61 , Deluxe trim & original 54 yr old factory padded dash. Custom interior, stock color base/clear, 275K mi, My car for the last 47 years (OK, first decade "ownership" from the left rear seat). '78 200, 3.03 manual trans, '73 dist w/ points & TFI ign, Weber32/36, 15 wheels Image

91 F150 4.9 almost stock