Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

'62 Falcon Ranchero

Moderator: Mod Squad

Thad
FSP Moderator

'62 Falcon Ranchero

Post #1 by Thad » Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:06 pm

Pardon me for double posting, but there are some who have expressed a desire for a round body Ranchero who may not read "Falcon Nest" because they don't have one yet. And I really would hate seeing this one missed. So want to draw as much attention as possible to it!!!!!!!!!!

170 SBF-6, standard: Clean, rust free, one owner, 30,000 miles. At Groves, Tx. outside Beaumont, Tx, 95 miles east of Houston. Car came from an estate sale in Fredrickburg which is cactus dry West, Tx. $1,495

Know the man, I had dealings with him before, straight shooter and no BS.
Called him and got permission to post his tel number. Sorry can not be middle man leave for off shore rig tomorrow art 0500hrs. I wanted to get it for myself, but my wife started loading the shotgun.

His tel is: 1-409-962-7266
There are those who just dream,
and there are those who do more than dream. ><> = +

LIZARDKING

Post #2 by LIZARDKING » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:42 pm

Thad,

Sounds like a sweet deal, to bad Im so far away. I can get a complete 62 4door parts car for next to nothing.

Where do you work offshore? I used to be on the Coast Guard patrol boat out of Grand Isle in the mid 80s. That is a party town, and thats good because the only thing to do there is drink and chase cajon tail!

P.S. Im still pissen green every time i think about the Tarpon lounge on St Paddys day 1986!

Post #3 by Guest » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:45 pm

I pee green evertime I go to my buddy's place- he's got one of those tablets in the can that make's the water blue. If you don't catch my drift, Blue 'an yella make green :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

Thor

Topochicho

Post #4 by Topochicho » Mon Dec 16, 2002 11:17 am

Went and looked at it this weekend... bout a 120mile drive from my side of houston.

White, 170, manual (3 on the tree), he also said it had factory air... although I didn't remember to take a look at it....

The good and the fixable:
From the way it ran it could very well have only 30k... no smoke, started right up, guy claims the drive train is still very smooth and quite. also the steering is still pretty tight, no slop in the wheel at all. Externally the body isn't too bad, the rear passenger side has a crunch. Not to bad really just bent the bumper a little and sqashed the fender some... no real problem for someone who can handle the floor boards. Some other small bumps that could be taken out by a beginner like me. The paint is original although not pefect (62 thats been outside alot) but no nasty spots... The interior is old but not torn up, just run down and ragged. The guy who has it now (Larry, a Buy-Sell-Trade type) reworked the carb, and replaced the fuel pump... he also has the gas tank removed... has the pump connected to a small fuel bottle he has strapped under the hood, so he can start it and move it. All the glass also looks real good. No obvious problems in the cowl , but didn't bring a flashlight to look.

The Bad:
Floor boards are going to have to be repanned... looking at them from unerneath they actully looked really good at first, but once we got to looking at it there were a couple spots that conserned me, and one that u could see daylight thru on the passengers footwell. There was some kind of camper or some such thing mounted at one time. Theres a line of screw holes going across the roof where they mounted it, Some mounting posts still bolted in the bed. there is a 6 x 6 in square cut through the rear wall of the cab into the bed, right on level with the bed. There are also angle straps connecting the sides of the bed to the rear wall of the cab... almost like the bed had begun to seperate from the cab and they 'fixed' it. Could also preventive, but it scared me. Plus all the weather seals and stripping need to be done. The brakes are going to need a complete overhaul(it been sitting for years)... its not driveable until then.

Overall for someone looking for a easy project vehicle... especially if they are goig to keep the current drive train and suspension... this is probably worth the $1500. Its not cherry, but it could really be much worse. If I didn't already have my 65 ranchero... or had $3-4000 I could throw at it, i probably would pick it up and let my wife drive it. It really is just a matter of bodywork (but aren't they all)...

dwood

Post #5 by dwood » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:30 pm

Stay away from that. It sounds "OK" to me until you talked about the big hole on the front of the bed. and the bed screwed to the back of the cab.

You will rarely find a car that does not need floorboards as the cars came with rubber mats in the instead of carpet. The first time thay got wet, they stayed wet and did not dry up. Or the sweated and the same result happened. My wagon I have now is arrow staight but it needs some floor work.

Darin
Last edited by dwood on Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thad
FSP Moderator

Post #6 by Thad » Wed Dec 18, 2002 3:11 pm

Darin thanks for checking it out and posting. Your apprasial was probably more objective than my own. I get "toy blind" real easy.
thanks,

Topochicho

Post #7 by Topochicho » Wed Dec 18, 2002 4:02 pm

Darin thanks for checking it out and posting. Your apprasial was probably more objective than my own. I get "toy blind" real easy.

Uhhhhh... if your talkin to me the names Reese.... but I understand the feeling... even with the problems listed, it was still real painful to walk away... I didn't even ask how much he wanted for the 66 ranchero that thing was too sweet to even come close to my price range. Also liked the Rambler with the flat head 6 he had out front....

Thad
FSP Moderator

Post #8 by Thad » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:04 am

OK Reese, :oops:
Everytime on the way to the airport to fly out to work international I pass by his place. Watch the '66 being restored, stopped talked about it, that how I met him.
He always has something in his yard and with all the old service station signs and stuff, it sorta a poor boy museum. Not always cars; old H-Ds, Mustang motor cycles, Cushmans, Whizzers, etc.
Almost missed a flight one day had to go back and see a '65 Comet funny car.