Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

When is a good time too Relax ?

Moderator: Mod Squad

falconcritter

When is a good time too Relax ?

Post #1 by falconcritter » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Three weeks ago the wife takes the car out while I am at work ... (She is Loving the Attention it Gets " I Am Just Guessing") Just Drives down five miles down the road and on the way back, does not pull the Emergency Brake and drives five miles with it on. When she comes to a stop , she smells something burning and figures it out and pulls it . Two weeks ago she goes out again (while I am at work) comes home and Gas is pouring out of the gas cap and $125.00 later still not clear if issue is resolved . Friday, she takes the car out (Again I am Working) and does not put on the Clear car cover for the cheap Walmart car cover on and the car gets the car and wally cover GETS SOAKING WET (just like the past twelve days of Rain,Rain,and more Rain . SO last night I found out after the rain, I cleaned the car up and put the cover in the wash and dryer , and wanted to check for leaks inside the car and the Passenger side floor was wet ! So all last night and this morning I have been agonizing over Cowl vent repair the costs , watching you-tube videos on cowl vents Repairs . This morning I braved the Florida Humidity and took down that cowl vent .... DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I FOUND ??????

So I Ask The Question .... "When is a Good Time to Relax" ?
1969 Ford Falcon 2Door and future home for my Australian 250 2V , 2013 Ford F-150 Single Cab , 2018 Ford Escape S

rbohm
Assistant Admin

Re: When is a good time too Relax ?

Post #2 by rbohm » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:09 pm

you know, as much as i like my vintage cars, in the end they are just cars. mechanical contrivances to get us from one place to another and back.

unless you built a show car, dont worry about the car. any damage can be repaired, unless the car is squished by a steam roller.

the question you have to ask yourself is, are you this anal about your daily driver?
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

my mind is aglow with whiriling
transient nodes of thought
careening through a cosmic vapor
of invention

falconcritter

Post #3 by falconcritter » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:08 pm

It not so much as being "Anal" , if you see the pictures .... There is nothing wrong with them ! Both sides are like drive off the lot back in 1969 New....rust free ! I could not have got a better deal on this car . Is my anxiety about the car or maybe the wife driving it while I am at work ? I love working on the Falcon every time , except when it is time for the last bolt to tighten. It always proves to be the biggest pain in my butt !
1969 Ford Falcon 2Door and future home for my Australian 250 2V , 2013 Ford F-150 Single Cab , 2018 Ford Escape S

chad

Post #4 by chad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:14 am

wives, cars - quite a hassle. But
ya gotta love em, no?

"Re: When is a good time too Relax ?"
every chance U get!
To lower blood pressure (improve mental/physical health)
Gotta notice ur 'not relaxin' 1st,
2nd - tell ur self U gotta choice,
3rd - choose a 'relax' thought or activity:
(go listen to fav music, humor movie, etc,
/OR/
(tell ur self nonea dis is worth the aggravation,
"...you know, as much as i like my vintage cars, in the end they are just cars. mechanical contrivances to get us from one place to another and back..." (Thank Rbohm!), "she loves me, anyway"; "had some good times w/dat rig"; etc.
We're @ choice each'n every moment. Just gotta notice, choose, & act or think.
Good Luck, thanks 4 bein here!
"Big thing is only make one change at a time. Change 2 or more things at a time it becomes difficult to figure which change helped or hurt" turbo2256b » 1/16/2017
Chad - '70 LUEB on '77 frame (i.e. PS, D44, trapezoidal BB 9", 4.11), 250, NV 3550 & DSII to B transplanted, "T" D20/PTO, 2" SL, 1" BL, 4 discs, 33"X15", tool boxes, etc. Seeking: Hydraulic gear motor for Koenig pto. chrlsful@aol.com (413) 259-1749

ludwig
VIP Member

Post #5 by ludwig » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:11 am

Several years ago, one of the wise old mechanics on this forum answered a similar question: "Just remember, the Mustang was the SECOND cheapest car Ford built." Meaning, you can't back-engineer the thing into the top tier from 50 years out. (The cheapest was the Falcon and the Mustang was built on the Falcon platform. That's a big lift to huck these ugly ducklings up to Lincoln or merely Galaxie level.)

You can relax when you get this latest installation is in place and works correctly. And don't worry. Something else will fail sooner or later. Sooner most probably, and you will have more to do in short order.

Livin' the dream. Dad n' daughter.