Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Front & rear windshield trim questions

Moderator: Mod Squad

69Falcon

Front & rear windshield trim questions

Post #1 by 69Falcon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:41 pm

I'm up to the point of reinstalling the front and rear windshields, and since the original shop I took it too lost some of my trim, all of the clips, and oh yeah my front windshield, I have the following questions:
  • What do the clips that hold on the chrome trim pieces look like? I found some for the rear at Mac's, are they the same as the front?
  • I found a rear gasket for the rear window, but not the front. Does it just get installed with just the butyl roll?
  • Other than a scrapyard like Desert Valley, is there a place to get the rear window chrome and the chrome that goes on the top of the front windshield? (I have the sides and bottom.)
Chuck
Always thinking too much...

falconcritter

Re: Front & rear windshield trim questions

Post #2 by falconcritter » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am

I might have the rear window chrome . It is for a four door car .
1969 Ford Falcon 2Door and future home for my Australian 250 2V , 2013 Ford F-150 Single Cab , 2018 Ford Escape S

69Falcon

Post #3 by 69Falcon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:26 pm

All ‘66-69 2 and 4 door cars used the same rear window, so the trim will fit. Let me know what you’ve got!
Chuck

69Falcon

Post #4 by 69Falcon » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:49 pm

What a clusterf$ck.

Like stated above, at the end of March, I found out the original shop had lost my windshield, but had two rears. So on April 4th I went onto Mac's site because I'd seen they had the windshield for the big birds listed. Between the glass and the shipping, over $430. After almost a month, no sign of the windshield, and of course no communication, so on 5/2 I called for an update. They have to call the supplier who drop ships it and will send me an email with an update. Their email says "Our vendor has advised there is currently no ETA..." When I asked via email what that meant, I got no reply.

So on 5/3 I called, and was informed that their supplier had it on backorder because they were waiting for materials, and they had no idea when the windshield would be manufactured, let alone shipped. So I instruct them to cancel the order.

By 5/9 I hadn't seen a credit on my card, and of course, no communication, so called again. At first I was told that my support ticket had been closed without the cancellation, then she said it was cancelled but that takes 3-5 business days to process. Then she said they were waiting on written confirmation from their supplier that it hadn't been shipped before they could cancel it. They promised to process the refund within 24 hours. I was so ticked off I told them if I didn't get confirmation I'd be filing a fraud claim with my credit card.

On 5/10 I received a call that they were processing it, but it may take up to a week to show on my card depending on how long it takes the bank to process it.

Bottom line: They didn't list the item on their website as backordered, took $430 of my money and didn't tell me it was backordered indefinitely, and it took several calls, all initiated by me to get my refund.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

They suckered me in a second time. I don't recall if I saw it in a catalog they mailed or perhaps an email flyer, but they were advertising the windshields on sale. Silly me thought, guess that means they have them in stock again. So I called to confirm on 7/29, the rep said they had another vendor who had them in stock, they'd shipped out the prior week. So I laid out my credit card. Guess what? Same story, on backorder with no ETA. And of course I don't find this out until I call them after a month of nothing from them. Waiting on them to process my refund once again. Use this company or any of the Eckler companies at your own peril.

But on a better note, a guy two offices down heard me yelling at Mac's on the phone and gave me the link to autocityclassic.com in MN, who supposedly has them in stock. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Chuck