Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

62 Futura - what's it worth?

Moderator: Mod Squad

62 Futura - what's it worth?

Post #1 by Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:13 pm

Until a week ago I didn't know that this car which I had seen sitting behind someone's garage for at least 10 years belonged to a friend of mine. She knew I was into Falcon's but never told me that she still had her's stashed behind her aunts house. Now she want's some help determining what it is worth....

This is what I know...
64C body style, engine and transmission are somewhere in the old garage, looks complete but a little rough, both front fenders have some damage. Bumpers are a little tweaked, some rust but not rot on the rest of the body and fairly straight, headliner is hanging in a few spots. Back seat might be OK, Front seats have a few rips (starter is sitting in one of them) Glass is all there.

She has somone interested in it for parts and asked me what I thought.

Want kind of price would any of you be willing to pay or have paid for a car like this??....

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #2 by Falcon62 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 pm

Falc64 - Tough to say without seeing the car, but I paid $625 for my '62 Futura. Mine is a 62 1/2 Sports Futura with the T-Bird roofline. Mine was rough, had a frozen 170 (badly cracked block), seats were trash, and lots of dents and dings.

I've passed over more than a few Futuras I was interested in for "parts" because the price was over $250. I don't want to spend much money for a parts car, but it depends on the buyer, what they're willing to pay, and what the seller wants.

Hope that helps!
Phil, USAF Retired
'61 Futura 2dr
'62 Sports Futura, 200/C4
ASE Master Re-Certified Collision & Refinishing Technician