Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

62 Futura - what's it worth?

Moderator: Mod Squad

62 Futura - what's it worth?

Post #1 by Guest » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:13 pm

Until a week ago I didn't know that this car which I had seen sitting behind someone's garage for at least 10 years belonged to a friend of mine. She knew I was into Falcon's but never told me that she still had her's stashed behind her aunts house. Now she want's some help determining what it is worth....

This is what I know...
64C body style, engine and transmission are somewhere in the old garage, looks complete but a little rough, both front fenders have some damage. Bumpers are a little tweaked, some rust but not rot on the rest of the body and fairly straight, headliner is hanging in a few spots. Back seat might be OK, Front seats have a few rips (starter is sitting in one of them) Glass is all there.

She has somone interested in it for parts and asked me what I thought.

Want kind of price would any of you be willing to pay or have paid for a car like this??....

Falcon62
VIP Member

Post #2 by Falcon62 » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 pm

Falc64 - Tough to say without seeing the car, but I paid $625 for my '62 Futura. Mine is a 62 1/2 Sports Futura with the T-Bird roofline. Mine was rough, had a frozen 170 (badly cracked block), seats were trash, and lots of dents and dings.

I've passed over more than a few Futuras I was interested in for "parts" because the price was over $250. I don't want to spend much money for a parts car, but it depends on the buyer, what they're willing to pay, and what the seller wants.

Hope that helps!
Phil, USAF Retired
Retired, ASE Master Re-Certified Collision & Refinishing Technician
'61 Futura 2dr
'62 Sports Futura, 200/C4