Test Results - Does10s (dyno)

You see Will, that is why I stick to sand drags...none of the NHRA rules apply to us. :mrgreen: Put some paddle tires on Kelly's falcon and let's get after it. Hell in our league you can even drink beer while racing, I've done it once and actually won the race. Have you ever seen a guy shift a 3-in-the-tree while racing with a beer in his hand? :shock: (damn rednecks!)

Just kidding with ya this morning, good luck with the 9's. Right now, I finally got all my stuff together to install meth/H20 injection in the bronco and still running pump gas. All I can say is GOOD LORD THIS BOOST IS ADDICTING...you'd thought we were all on drugs or something.

Have a good one,

Kirk

Ya the NHRA can be a PITA! I know that it's all in the name of safety, but it still a pain!

Rich,
You'll be happy to know that the SFI aluminum harmonic balancer is installed. Even with a serpentine belt!
The tranny blanket is in too! I don't know why the blanket is legal? It's a fire hazard! It's right next to the exhaust, if there was a fuel leak it would soak up the fuel for later ignition, and it'll hold in the tranny heat. WTF? I have a much better way of doing this. Just weld in some sheet steel under the tranny tunnel with bolt holes hanging down on each side so that a "under tranny strap" could be bolt on.
And in a early Falcon the tranny tunnel is so small the blanket is smashed between the tunnel and the tranny! I'm sure I've already poked holes in it!
After Kelly's car burns to the ground, who do I send the replacement bill to? NHRA, SFI, PITA??

Next up for this weekend....roll bar.
Later,
Will

FLSHBCK":3lzjwsvb said:
got pics of the serpentine setup?

No, but I can take some!
There's not much to see. We're only running the alternator. So the belt is only 33" long.
I'll take a pic or two tonight.

Later,
Will

that is purely awsome fellas.

somebody pm me some numbers i'd like to run a comparison on the
desktop dyno to see how close the numbers are if thats ok with you guys of course.

and by the way did i mention that you guys rock! :D

thanks

I'd be curious to see what power it makes running a true E85 AFR. Something on the order of 9:1 instead of 11:1

hey Will
i showed the numbers to a few friends, and they were really interested in what all you've done to the engine
head, intercooled turbo, cam and..... ?
i looked around, and didn't see any threads listing what you've done

enlighten us?

also, any chance of those dyno numbers?
edit: sorry, not dyno numbers, graphs, dyno-graphs

250ci Short Block - Line Bored
Nodular Cast Iron Crank
Forged Dished Pistons - 8.7:1 CR (Classic Inlines)
Seal Power Plasma Rings (Classic Inlines)
Aluminum Cylinder Head (Classic Inlines)
Alloy 4V Intake Manifold (Classic Inlines)
Clevite 77 Rod, Main, Cam Bearings (Classic Inlines)
ARP Rod, Main, and Head (1/2") studs (Classic Inlines)
Copper Head Gasket - O-ring block
Clay Smith H292-112* Camshaft & Lifters (Classic Inlines)
SI Port Flow Valves 1.84/1.50 (Classic Inlines)
Yella Terra Full Roller Rocker Assembly (Classic Inlines)
Valve Springs with Damper
Custom Balancer/Damper
Holley 600cfm 4V carburetor
Turbonetics T4 turbo
Yonaka Intercooler
Home-make turbo header
Duraspark II Distributor with MSD-6A
Alloy Valve Cover (Classic Inlines)
Electric Water & Fuel Pump
C4 Auto with transgo shift kit & Hurst Shifter
Traction-Loc 9" Differential w/ 3.73 gears

I'm sure I'm missed a couple of things, but can't think of what they are?

Nice memory Mike!
But you did miss a few things and I'll add some commentary.

The C4 tranny is a built up one by Performance Automatic. The one that developed a severe leak at PINKS ALL OUT was reverse, manual valve body without transbrake. There's no "shift kit" that Mike alluded to.
Right now however my old Perf. Automatic C4 is installed and it does have a transbrake. So while it's in there we'll see how the transbrake works on her car.

The Turbo is a Precision TO-4E. 64mm.
The rear is a 9" but with a spool and 3.50 gears.
Stock crank and rods and block.
We're currently running the Holley 600 DP but during the dyno pulls we were using a Holley 450 4bbl.

The cam that Mike mentioned above was not in the car during the dyno pulls. It was his much milder 274s cam.
And for what it's worth, I don't really care for the 292 cam in Kelly's car. I like the lift, but the duration is just to much for turbos. I've had to open up the valve lash to get the car to leave the line. We're at .020" hot, and it needs a few more thousandents to be right. The motor almost sounds like a Cummins at idle.
So at some point this year, I'm going to pull it and swap to Mike's 278 cam. Or just build another motor! ;)
Later,
Will

thanks guys, i passed on the info, as well as what Classic Inlines is, so Mike, you might be gettin a bit more business from the owner of a 250 powered Maverick
;)

Will, I'll be visiting Clay Smith either tomorrow or Monday. When I'm there George, the owner, is going to sit down with me and go through a catalog of all the masters they have. I hope to pick out a couple for some new solid cams, as well as a couple hyd. I'll be looking for 270-280 durations with more lift. ;)

will,
mate, what size jets are you running in the 600dp. im now running 61 & 64`s but havent had a chance to dyno it yet.

I had 67/76 in there on the 600 and it's a bit lean.
66/76 in the 450 is just about right.

REMEMBER....we are running E85, so that'll be WAY rich for normal gas.

Will

i have 61/65 in my 600dp. tuning down in the shed earlier i noticed it was getting a bit lean on the primarys, havent tried the secondarys yet (wait till dyno). what jet sizes would you recommend.

over here we mostly 91 & 95 RON, i am guessing your E85 means Ethanol 85 RON?
what size power valve are you running?

Right now it's a 9.5, but we've been using 8.5.
Due to our current cam I was trying to get the enrichment a little earlier.
Primary's probably round 63 and secondaries around 70 I'd guess.
Ya E85 is 85% Ethanol, 15% gas in the summer. Winter it's around E70.
Will

Back