Test Results - Mustang Geezer (track)

82F100":3hc8jw4a said:
Bort, Geezer is runnin' the BFG D/R if I'm not mistakin and he's havin a hard time getting them to hook where his launch rpm needs to be with his stall . I think the M/T radial or a slick would help with the 60'
Doug, what tire pressure are you runnin now in the rears?

Well, No offense to doug but there are plenty of cars making way more power launching very hard on BFG's.

Flashing the stall the way he did these last runs sounds like the way to go. Braking up against it before launch isn't really that great of a tactic, IMO.

Unless you have a transbrake.

I agree about the tactic of leaving the line. I have always just flashed my converter at the line coming out at idle. My 12 second Maverick I had years ago ran best doing that and even my current inline 6 Maverick seems to run best doing that as well. Just my .02 ;)

Okay,

I figured I'd post this info being tonite was my last pass for this race season and tomorrow the car gets ready for a new paint job. :D

Its running 225/60/15 BFG radial T/A street tires and I launch it at 2000 rpms.

As of today the race weight with me and 1/4 tank of gas is 2708 pounds.

Tonite 10/04/08 the car ran the best it ever has,

60 foot time: 2.0341
1/8 mile ET: 9.1490
1/8 mile MPH: 76.67
1/4 mile ET 14.3650
1/4 mile MPH 93.17

Later,

Doug

WOW. :shock:

haven't got around here in awhile...amazing the progress you've made!
A 14.3!!!
Way cool. 8)

I was happy too! ;)

Definiely 13.s in the spring!

I'm sending Mike video he can post of me racing a late model Lightning when it went 14.4's and then the 14.3 pass when I was racing a V8 67 Mustang.

Later,

Doug

Funky Cricket":19acpnd3 said:
was that down at 131? great job by the way, can't wait to see video.

Yep, it was at 131. They rescheduled the Funny Car Nationals to October 4th and I raced then.

Got cold later that night though (high 30's) so after I raced they switched to 1/8 mile racing because of traction problems! :shock:

Later,

Doug

if/when i ever get something again, that is the closest good 1/4 mile to me as well, i'd be coming down from traverse city, mi.

Funky Cricket":32i6gbj6 said:
if/when i ever get something again, that is the closest good 1/4 mile to me as well, i'd be coming down from traverse city, mi.

If you ever get a chance then come on down! ;)

Heres a pic of it coming off the line in my last race of the year.

HPIM0901.jpg

Later,

Doug

Well done, and a great improvement Doug. Your Stang is becoming quite the ride. I have your car, Does 10's and Joe's White Ox on my screen saver at work. Shareing your info, and all your hard earned experience will mean many will follow on your footsteps!

Back