Test Results - BillR57

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
This was posted by BillR57, in another part of the forum. Thought it was good info to share with you guys.
Billr57":el6evnew said:
Here is a update on my test results on the New Aluminum Cylinder Head and the Hot Rod 2007 Power Tour.

The car ran and peformed GREAT. The car was in heavy STOP and GO traffic for hours at a time (it took us all most 2 hours on Saturday just to get out of the parking lot and on the road!), High heat in the upper 90's, engine temps as high as 210 sitting in traffic and moving inches at a time or racing down the road to the next stop and as low as 160 runing down the road with NO problems at ALL!

The car had lots of Power for passing, coming out of toll booths ect. My buddy even made comments that when we were coming off on ramps onto the highway that he would run pretty hard and when he would look up into his mirrow I was still there on his bumper and he was not pulling away from me like he use to.

I would say the most fun was pulling into the Veues or Motel parking lots and have people telling me that that my car sounded great and then trying to guess what I have under the hood, then opening the Hood to show them that it is really a INLINE SIX. (lots of FREE BEER) the best was in Clevenland at the first stop when these 4 guys walked up to me in the Motel parking lot and telling me I had one sweet sounding 351 with a series "B" cam in it. I told the guy that I had a series "C" cam and he told me no way, that it was a series "B" (his buddies told me this guys knows his Fords). Buy this time my buddy was about to bust a gut, listening to me, and had to walk away. Well all I can say is I got MORE FREE BEER when I open the hood.

Trip Stats
Best MPG - 25.05
Worst MPG - 14.97
Average MPG - 20.81
Average Miles Per Tank - 163.956
Max Miles Per Tank - 270.6
Total Miles - 2623.3

Here is my Time Slip From Memphis Motorsports Park. Keep in mind that I'm on a 2600 mile trip with all my STUFF still in the car and 3/4 tank of fuel. (I would say some where in the 300lbs range, including TOOLS, COOLER, ect.) The info below I had #68 jets in the carb. but going to keep uping them and see how the plugs look (#70's as of 6/17/2007 and still looking good). I also have a T5 Ford Racing 5 speed tranny.

Memphis Motorsports Park - 4:33pm - June 7, 2007
R/T - .276
60' - 2.575
330' - 6.985
1/8 - 10.578 @ 68.63mph
1000' - 13.672
1/4 - 16.294 @ 85.74mph

Bill

8)

I would think 16.2 sec 1/4 for a mostly stock vehicle not optimized for strip would be pretty good.

Isnt that close to the non performance package V8's?

Considering he had 300+ lbs of crap in the trunk, 3/4 tank of fuel, and street tires, I'd say mid 15s are right around the corner. Plus he didn't have time to fine tune it, as he only got the head on a couple days before leaving on the trip. No mods to the head either, its straight out of the box. Not even milled, just assembled and installed.

He just installed a DUI dizzy, replacing the DSII and MSD. Hopefully he'll chime in and report on the results. ;)

Just finished up my D.U.I install. This is how I did it, I ran a #12 wire from my battery with a fuse through a relay and trigger the relay with the old ignition wire. I took the car for a test drive and what a difference, I wish I would of done this along time ago. The car starts better than it ever has, runs stronger, idles better. If you have been thinking of doing this upgrade, it's well worth it. All I need now is an EFI kit. (hint, hint. Mike) LOL.......................

Bill

Here are a couple of pictures I took with my cell phone.

DUIPic1.jpg

DUIPic4.jpg

Back