200 I6 blueprints?

Sergeant82d

Supporter 2019
Supporter 2018
While complete prints would be awesome, I am specifically looking for the crankshaft centerline location, relative to the oil pan rails and engine mount bolts. I'm not at a point where I can pull the pan and measure it, but looking at the engine from the front, it looks like it (the crank) is offset towards the (US) passenger side, maybe 3/4 inch?

Anybody have any visibility on this?
Thanks,
Brad

Sorry Brad, your post seems to have gotten lost behind many others before being seen helpfully this info is still useful to you. This is from a post made by Xctasy

xctasy":ejns1en7 said:
The Ford 200 was 29.5 long and the dimensions of an Australian engines - 188/221ci.

188%20221%20%20page%20enlarged_zpsfombmvin.jpeg
[/quote]

To my knowledge these measurements are identical to all the 144, 170, & 200 US Ford small six'es built from Sept, 1959 through to about 4/11/1975. From 4/12/1975 on into 1982 they used a slightly longer water pump. Adistionally these engine weight in at about 385 lbs too. Good luck. (y) :nod:

The later 200 water pumps add a 1/2 inch to engine length, see below post.

xctasy":nk2brqlv said:
The later model Dual or Triple pulley water pumps for Fox 3.3's ran the same length water pump as the XW-XF, 4-1/2" (or 114 mm), and the US 250. .

pumphieght.jpg

This ^ is rickwrench's website photo of the later Fox water pump on the left, verses the earlier Round body 144/170/200 water pump (same as Aussie XK/XL/XM/XP/XR)

All the early Us 60-pre US 250 and XK-XR stuff was 4"(101.6 mm). The Aussies then did add some 5/16" (8mm) relief work with the tall deck 188/200/221/250 engines. The early balancer scrapes the sump, practically, and when its upsized to 6-7/8", it was too close to the cork gasket at the front part of the sump. RTV has fixed all that.

The US 250 lead the way to the 4-1/2" long water pump, and to make it easier to swap all the ancillarry drives, the small deck US 200 then got equiped with a 4-1/2" pump, a different kind, but 4-1/2" none the less.

earlydamper.jpg

This ^ is rickwrench's website photo.
The early stuff on the US 1960 to pre US 250 engines used the common approx 6" balancer as was used on the XK-XR, it is all set back, right hard against the engine blocks sump.

latedamper.jpg

This ^ is rickwrench's website photo.

The Fox three grove used the same size balancer, in the same postion, but with a triple pulley system, and it was set right back 5/16" (8mm), with the sump relieved to avoid it rubbing the balancer.

There were therefore 5-3/4 and then 6-1/4" small six versions.

Its the Aussie stuff that was set forward 5/16" 8mm.

This ^ is balldrick's photobicket shot of the AussieHB1432N balancer requires a little work on the water pump pulley it the stock water pump is used. .

If you are able to use the larger Aussie noiminal 6-7/8" (174 mm actually) balancer, it just requires an 5/16" metal spacer to shift everything from the water pump into alignment.

The distance from the crank to the water pump on 9.38" deck 200/250 engines is about 6-7/8", so the biggest balancer you can run is 6.85" (174 mm), and the largest water pump pulley before collision is the 6-11/16" (170mm), with just a 3/16" (4.8mm) gap.

On my 81 3.3 Mustang, there is 6" from the water pump to the crank centreline, and the same 3/16"gap between the 6-1/4" harmonic balancer and the 5-3/8" water pump pulley. When you go up to the 6.85" harmonic balancer, then you have to go down to a 4-25/32" water pump pulley at the most. And for sure, the harmonic balancer is 5/16" further out than the stock 200 blancer. But you just add that in a metal spacer, or scratch build a water pump pulley to suit.

rickwrench did a nice 5" twin belt pulley for his short nose 4" 200 water pump.

You have to make one even smaller than this, with ribs to suit the kind of serpentine belt you are using. Due to the portrusion, without an added spacer, 1.9625" (49.85 mm) is as deep as you can go from the front face of the pulley to the back if its machined this way, as the 200 water pumps lower radiator hose interfers,

http://www.v8alfa.com/images-sounds/pulley.pdf

See http://www.fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9676

It's just a case or reworking what is there to suit your application.

As for pictures, I've got bucket loads showing the minute differences, but what is above is enough.

at some point I'll figure out how to take a pic, get it in a puter, and move to this forum. I have a 3 groove HB ona 250 ina bronk.
Needed to clearence at the frame up there, a lill. May be this fall i can get it together for the site...

On the subject line:
200 I6 blueprints?
where would one find such an object, schematic, what-have-U?
I've heard the "B & B !" claim by the proud since I was a kid (garage rat 60 yrs now) and have
learned what the 'balanced' is. Where would one get the other "B", say for machine shop work...
I C the guys here try the log-otomy. Might help there too...

not sure this thread is about Blueprints, Cranks, WP's or Balancersand Pulleys - interesting though ...

for hardcore Balancer &Pulley enthusiasts:

the forced induction project took an interesting turn when a centrifugal Supercharger became available. A blown SC'd SBF 'Lightning P/U was the donor. The SC almost fit the AC bracket on the D7xx Granada 250 and the AC uses a Bolt-On V belt pulley @ 6.25" on the Balancer.

A later SBF 6 groove pulley was welded onto the AC bolt-on pulley ,

... enabling the SC' to be driven by the 250's OEM Balancer/AC Pulley ;

. .

... a few other mods' ( :roll: ) and the Supercharger enables a significant performance increase to the Anvil strong 250.

. .

have fun

not only can a fan go on that thing but the hood might close!

So a 'blue print' search might B done where? @ what financial cost?
Not free somewhere on line, dealier, etc?

Back