Stock 300 camshaft specifications

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my dyno sims:

252H 204hp @ 4000 345 lb ft @ 2000
260H 217hp @ 4000 338 lb ft @ 2000
268H 225hp @ 4000 326 lb ft @ 2000

What this is telling me is that peak torque is below 2k. With EFI exhausts, the peak torque of the 268H was a bit higher (2500 rpm, I think). Obviously, the 252H would be best for mpg as long as cruise rpm was geared at or below 2k.

Ok this is gonna sound dumb but I've been workin on my turbod 300 project for a while now finally have all the pieces jest needing some advice on that the easiest way to install the timing gears would b?? Got em half way on both gears but can't get much else without fear of damaging a cam journal or bearing.. Any help would b appreciated. Also was wondering if I should set the cam timing back a degree since I do plan on running 10-15 psi (propane and 110 octane will b the fuels).. Thanks!

62RatRod":2gzbb0gx said:
Ok this is gonna sound dumb but I've been workin on my turbod 300 project for a while now finally have all the pieces jest needing some advice on that the easiest way to install the timing gears would b?? Got em half way on both gears but can't get much else without fear of damaging a cam journal or bearing.. Any help would b appreciated. Also was wondering if I should set the cam timing back a degree since I do plan on running 10-15 psi (propane and 110 octane will b the fuels).. Thanks!

What do you mean how do you install the gears? Most all us install the cam gear is to heat it to about 300'F in a oven.
Then you just slip it on the cam. THEN we install the cam in the block.
Are you trying to install the cam gear on the cam with the cam in the block?You may not get it on there all the way if you try it that way.

Well, I got the file name to download. Can anybody tell me how to make the actual picture show up? Using my new flickr account. Thank you

You will need to get the photo URL
You can get the URL of your own images on Flickr.

Click on the photo you want to share to open it.
Click the Download icon in the lower right
Right Click on the size photo you want
Left click on "Copy Link"

Then click on the "image" tool on Post A Reply and copy the image URL between the [image][/image]

[image]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/808/41521939141_8de23b583b_o_d.jpg[/image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back