1971 Article: "Preperation H" Eleven-Second Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick thanks for posting it, If ya don't mind I'll make it a sticky. I also know this is what Inline 300was wanting to see earlier.

Ford valves outflowed the chevy valves.. Not surprising. The Ford valves appeared more conical, whereas the Chevy valves were flatter, and likely caused flow reversion.

I'm liking what they said about Crane's reworking of the stock 300 head. By simply reshaping the ports, they got a 40% increase in flow. Without enlarging the ports much at all.
That means lots more peak power without sacrificing much low speed torque.

yes it occurs to me that this article (excellent!!) might influence some of the head porting that's been discussed to great length on here recently.

thanks for posting such a nice article

I KNOW I'm 'a day late and a Buck short',but still.........thank's for posting this. Don Green(along with MANY others of that era....)were damn good writers. Also,a LOT of Inline articals were makin' the rounds back then,even a couple of Buick 'Fireball-8' articals(from Motor-Trend of all things....) :eek: ! Also,Car-Craft and Hot-Rod probably had the MOST articals on these Engines. Thank's again. ~OO6.

I bought some of Bruce's parts. His harmonic balancer, a steel crank, and tri-power intake manifolds that was able to mount either three downdraft Webers or three 650 Holley two-barrels. Like an idiot I sold the intake / carbs to a Mopar guy who wanted to try the 650s on his BBMopar.
Stoopid.
Still have the crank and damper though.

Its a great read,every time I read it,(This is number 5)I like the Borg Warner advertisment about the 4 speed,cool stuff.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":3tobwhyl said:
I bought some of Bruce's parts. His harmonic balancer, a steel crank, and tri-power intake manifolds that was able to mount either three downdraft Webers or three 650 Holley two-barrels. Like an idiot I sold the intake / carbs to a Mopar guy who wanted to try the 650s on his BBMopar.
Stoopid.
I've got Bruce's Racer Brown roller cam in my roadster pickup truck. And the spec sheet for it - somewhere. I switched over to more conventional roller lifters though, not the straddle-mount originals which I also have - somewhere.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":iusbi8vn said:
Stoopid.
If it makes ya feel any better, a local racer had a clifford slant six tripple weber intake and carbs for $150 and I didn't pick it up at the time, the webers alone would of been worth it :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back