Anyone ever have any trouble with CJ Pony Parts?

Moderator: Mod Squad

Boburban30

Anyone ever have any trouble with CJ Pony Parts?

Post #1 by Boburban30 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Has anyone on here ever experienced any trouble with CJ Pony Parts? I placed an order on March 30th, part of the order shipped April 2nd and the rest was out of stock. The fuel lines that I ordered said "typically ships in 5-7 days" so I wasn't too upset.

I called after a week and was told it might be a week or two. The next week I see that one of my items that was backordered was now in stock but not my fuel lines. I called again last week to check on my order status and I was told that they are waiting for my lines to come in so they can ship the rest of the order out together, the man told me they are scheduled to come in by the end of the week.

I look yesterday and see my order is still sitting there. I do a live chat and am told that they think the truck came in but they may have not gotten around to unloading it yet and my order should be shipped out this week.

Is this normal? It has been about a month now and my order still has yet to ship. My car is in pieces waiting for these lines and I am getting pretty upset. It is suppose to be 80 out tomorrow and I can't take the car out for the first time due to this. Should I just cancel this order and go elsewhere or will I have the same problem? Not sure what to do here but I needed to vent somewhere.

B RON CO
VIP Member

Re: Anyone ever have any trouble with CJ Pony Parts?

Post #2 by B RON CO » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 am

Hi, I've bought from them and and had a similar situation. If you can find what you need somewhere else, get it and tell CJ to cancel it. They ship what they have and let you wait for the rest. I like to call in an order and ask if it is all in stock. If they say some parts are on back order I may just get that stuff from someone else. Good luck

B RON CO. Still workin' on it!

1933 Ford Pickup - 59A Flathead V8
1966 Ford Bronco - U14 - 170/200 Straight 6
1966 Ford Mustang - 289 V8

ags290

Post #3 by ags290 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:15 am

I have generally had good luck with CJPP. What you have to keep in mind is the free shipping business model that they use, particularly on over sized parts. I am sure if you called and cancelled the order they would be cool. I would just make sure what your total cost would be including shipping from one of the other vendors. My rule of thumb is usually if it's something I absolutely have to have, if I can't pick it up locally I will order it from NPD. With NPD having multiple warehouses and showing stocking locations on their website it helps you better anticipate when the parts will arrive. If it is something I can wait on I will order it from CJPP and enjoy the savings.

Kevin

Kevin
Early 1965 Mustang with a 170

ChrisAtCJPP

Post #4 by ChrisAtCJPP » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:51 am

Boburban30 wrote:Has anyone on here ever experienced any trouble with CJ Pony Parts? I placed an order on March 30th, part of the order shipped April 2nd and the rest was out of stock. The fuel lines that I ordered said "typically ships in 5-7 days" so I wasn't too upset.

I called after a week and was told it might be a week or two. The next week I see that one of my items that was backordered was now in stock but not my fuel lines. I called again last week to check on my order status and I was told that they are waiting for my lines to come in so they can ship the rest of the order out together, the man told me they are scheduled to come in by the end of the week.

I look yesterday and see my order is still sitting there. I do a live chat and am told that they think the truck came in but they may have not gotten around to unloading it yet and my order should be shipped out this week.

Is this normal? It has been about a month now and my order still has yet to ship. My car is in pieces waiting for these lines and I am getting pretty upset. It is suppose to be 80 out tomorrow and I can't take the car out for the first time due to this. Should I just cancel this order and go elsewhere or will I have the same problem? Not sure what to do here but I needed to vent somewhere.

Hey Boburban30 - I'm sorry to see you're having a bad experience with CJ's. That's obviously not what we like to see. This is an extremely busy time of year for us - as you can assume, as the weather gets warmer, everyone wants their parts yesterday. But, in your particular situation, I can understand that a month is a long time to wait for parts.

With that said, please send me a private message with your order number and I will personally look into this and make sure you're taken care of. I know the feeling of having my car up on jackstands not being able to take it out on a nice day -- and it sucks. Get with me when you can and I'll do everything I can to help you out and get you back on the road ASAP. Thank you for your time, patience and cooperation.

Chris Cervenka | Marketing
CJPonyParts.com
CJ Facebook Account
Office: 1-800-888-6473

wsa111
FSP Moderator

Post #5 by wsa111 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

You have 2 choices, check another supplier such as NPD, Virginia Mustangs & see if they stock the items. If so cancel your remaining order from C J & get a refund.
Let us know the outcome. Bill

67 mustang,C-4, with mod. 80 hd, custom 500 cfm carb with annular boosters, hooker headers, dual exh.-X pipe, flowmaster mufflers, duraspark II dist. with MSD-6AL. Engine 205" .030" over with offset ground crank & 1.65 roller rockers. 9.5 comp., Isky 262 cam.
2003 Ford Lightning daily driver. Recurving Distributors. billythedistributorman@live.com