Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Adjusting the choke on a 1940 - getting stuck

Moderator: Mod Squad

gimmea250swb

Adjusting the choke on a 1940 - getting stuck

Post #1 by gimmea250swb » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:20 am

I appreciate everybody's help so far. I've rebuilt my Holley 1940 and am having issues with the choke I hope some folks can help me with.

The issue is the choke is getting stuck in the open position after driving and when I hit the accelerator it doesn't close.

I've removed al the metal links, cams, etc that were showing a little rust and have brushed them smooth.

When I rebuilt the choke I removed the thermostat and dipped it in carb cleaner for about 20mins with everything else - I've since seen on the web not to do this but I can't find the article now. Could this have damaged the thermostat?

I sprayed a little WD40 on the metal links and on the point where the valve shaft transitions through the body - I haven't had a chance to check to see if this solved the issue.

I'm adjusting the thermostat with a cold engine and 1/8" brill bit.

Any additional troubleshooting thoughts?