Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

67 coupe

Moderator: Mod Squad

tikitime

67 coupe

Post #1 by tikitime » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:02 pm

dose anyone know what a fair price for a shop to refoam and do my upholstery??? i have the kit from TMI and i have the front seat foam i would rather have them done than me screw them up :bang:

mluck

Re: 67 coupe

Post #2 by mluck » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 pm

its pretty easy to do it yourself,there are many books out there or mustang monthly website for info.i did mine,you need hogs rings,some bailing wire and a hot day to heat up the seats.the rear seats are really easy and i am very sure you can do them,the local guy out here priced to do mine for 650.00..thats why i read up on it and talked to guys at car shows to get the how to's and tricks.......
67 mustang 200ci. offy with 3 webers,260 cam,coated duel header,duel timing chain,mallory unilite with a hyfire 6a,alum. finned edelbrock valve cover and 3.20 gears.

dagenham

Post #3 by dagenham » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:28 pm

The thing you need the most of when doing the job is patience. You cant get too overzealous when doing upholstery or you'll have ripped seats all over again.
If you decide to do it yourself, only do one seat at a time and pay close attention to how the factory put it together as you take it apart. Hog ring pliers and a box of hog rings are fairly inexpensive.
If you decide to do it yourself-- GOOD LUCK! And you know if you run into a problem just jump on the forum and ask questions. Some one is surely going to be able to answer it.

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Post #4 by CoupeBoy » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:02 pm

When I had mine redone, I dropped off the old seats, new cushions and the new upholstry. The guy had to reweld part of the driver side seat and he had them back to me the next day.

Front Seats only '68 Mustang Coupe
$150 labor (was only going to be $100 but with the extra welding.. well everything costs..)
$50 new front seat upholstry
$50 new cushions (can't remember if this was per seat or not.. I've got he receipt at home)

$250-$300 either way..

-ron