Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Duel vs. Single Outlet Exhaust

Moderator: Mod Squad

theguitarist

Duel vs. Single Outlet Exhaust

Post #1 by theguitarist » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:00 pm

So I recently purchased my Grab-A-Trak suspension kit and will probably spend most of the next year installing it piece by piece.

After finishing this project I will move on to exhaust. My thought has always been to run the CI headers to a duel exhaust, but after paying for the suspension, I'm wondering if sticking with single outlet might be better. It costs quite a bit less, and the underside of the car will look less cluttered. Is the improved performance with duel exhaust worth the cost and clutter?

What are your thoughts?
1966 Mustang Coupe. I6 200, Classic Inlines aluminum head and intake, Autolite 2100 carburetor, Pertronix Ignitor II Ignition and Flamethrower II Coil, Tremec T-5 transmission, Grab-A-Trak performance suspension, Classic Inlines header and stainless steel exhaust with turbo muffler.

1966 F100. I6 300, 4 on the floor, Pertronix Ignitor ignition.

2008 F150 XLT Super Crew Cab

rbohm
Assistant Admin

Re: Duel vs. Single Outlet Exhaust

Post #2 by rbohm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:37 am

8) if you get the pipe areas equal, it makes no difference whether you use a single or dual exhaust. the single exhaust has the advantage of being less complex, but the dual exhaust has the cool factor. the choice is yours.
64 falcon
66 mustang
05 grand marquis

my mind is aglow with whiriling
transient nodes of thought
careening through a cosmic vapor
of invention