Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

new post

Moderator: Mod Squad

tbyrd66

new post

Post #1 by tbyrd66 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:12 pm

200 to 250 swap i want to use maverick mounts and brackets i know i need to drill new holes but can i use any of the old bracket holes????

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Re: new post

Post #2 by CoupeBoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:06 am

Wow, this post went unanswered... sorry 'bout that. The short answer is that I personally don't know. The only way to find out (if you haven't) already would be to put the mounts in the car, I would use just the top bolt (unless others line up as well) and the ensure the spacing at the bottom of the mount is the same as the top. Then drop the motor in and see how it looks. Remember that the bellhousing clearances are going to be tighter due to the larger bell housing but there should still be room to sneak in the bellhousing bolts.

If you haven't completed this swap yet, how about some more information?
your name indicates 't-bird' but they never came with ford sixes and this is the Mustang forum... so what are you working on?

thanks,
-ron

powerband
FSP Moderator

Post #3 by powerband » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:13 pm

tbyrd66 wrote:200 to 250 swap i want to use maverick mounts and brackets i know i need to drill new holes but can i use any of the old bracket holes????

Probably can get more info if you provide some: Type and year of your car... what current setup is... which year Maverick and which engine mounts ,,, Pictures are always helpful.

For my '61, I used original 170 mounts re-drilled for wider 250 block.

Image Image

Have Fun
"Take time to stop and smell... The roadkill..."

tbyrd66

Post #4 by tbyrd66 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:34 pm

the swap was in a 1966 mustang coupe i just rigged the old mounting brackets it really is a pain to do this swap lots of stuff to fab still messing with the tranny lines what did you use i have the 250 w/ the c4 trans with the sb hsg org lines wont work and the small blocks wont either guess i'll just bend my own. thanks for the reply

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Post #5 by CoupeBoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:47 pm

You can either order up a set of bent8 transmission cooler lines or do what I did on my '67 Mustang and '65 F100, head down to the local parts store and buy a length of 3/8" brake line and learn how to bend it (without kinking it). You don't have to be perfect as you can use a short length of rubber line to connect the transmission lines to the radiator oil cooler lines.

You could also most likely get away with using most of the original lines but with a short chunk of rubber hose.

I think what most people have done when they use the stock mounts is.
1. Drill another set of mounting holes as high as possible in the stock motor mounts (higher holes means the engine sits lower)
2. Leave all Frame mount bolts and the bolt that holds the motor mount to the frame mount loose and put the motor in, that way they can spread out as far as possible as you put the motor in. After everything is in the car then tighten all bolts.

-ron

CoupeBoy
VIP Member

Post #6 by CoupeBoy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 pm

ever have one of those days when you want to smack yerself in the melon and say 'duh'?

Article posted on this site written by MustangSix when he swapped the 250 into his '66
http://www.fordsix.com/250swap.php

If you need more specifics you could hit Jack up with a private message, I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

-ron