anyone know the size to automate brass carb fitting for vacuum advance?

Moderator: Mod Squad

HondaSL

anyone know the size to automate brass carb fitting for vacuum advance?

Post #1 by HondaSL » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:55 am

Got a 1966 stang 6-cylinder & i am missing the brass fitting that the vacuum hardline flared end plugs into-which plugs into the carb body.
Does anyone know the size so i can buy one on amazon/ebay/pepBoys? & what it would be called to normal people (like 'flared coupler' or something)

In the pic part fiche, it is names 'Distributer Vacuum Adapter' FordMoCo part # 358165-S in the lower RH corner area. Or circled in pink on the engine pic of a car which does have it correct.

Thanks a ton for the expertise & insights!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: anyone know the size to automate brass carb fitting for vacuum advance?

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:08 pm

HondaSL wrote:Got a 1966 stang 6-cylinder & i am missing the brass fitting that the vacuum hardline flared end plugs into-which plugs into the carb body.
Does anyone know the size so i can buy one on amazon/ebay/pepBoys? & what it would be called to normal people (like 'flared coupler' or something)

In the pic part fiche, it is names 'Distributer Vacuum Adapter' FordMoCo part # 358165-S in the lower RH corner area. Or circled in pink on the engine pic of a car which does have it correct.

Thanks a ton for the expertise & insights!

The vacuum line fitting is a tapered compression fitting, so the other end in the carb to my best guess is that it's a tapered compression fitting adapter. These fittings are also commonly used on a gas water heater too so you should be able to fine them at a good auto parts store like NAPA or at a hardware store such as Home Depot. Good luck :thumbup: :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.

HondaSL

Re: anyone know the size to automate brass carb fitting for vacuum advance?

Post #3 by HondaSL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:33 pm

In case anyone ever needs an answer:

3/16" Hex Head Plug with an inverted flare

Dorman part number 785-450