Diesel Inliner.

Finished covering all the bolts and nuts with covers.

I had to make up this Tow bar shin protector for the Engineer. He did not like by front bar as he felt it was not a bumper bar being so solid so I had to mount my frot tow ball amd make an shin protector for it. Looks better finished and painted.

Sadly the images I usualy post are not being accepted. :cry:

It is Registered and street legal now. Just have to sort out the LPG rebate issue and tune the LPG (propane) system and work out what is wrong with the cruise control.

Currently having a problem with oil in the water. I have had the oil cooler apart and tested a couple of times now and replaced all the gaskets. Next thing to look at will be the gaskets on the head. Not what I wanted to be doing now I have the F4 going. Problem may have come about due to the motor sitting for so long or perhaps some one has not done the right thing when working on the motor ( not me ). Also waiting on either a modem or computer program so the LPG ( Propane ) can be set up as it is not sniffing the LPG at present and will make a big difference when done.

I also went to enter the F4 in the Victorian Hot Rod Show but was declined due to the weight of the vehicle on the floor as the Royal Exhibition building is heritage listed.

Cool23":7nijszmc said:
I also went to enter the F4 in the Victorian Hot Rod Show but was declined due to the weight of the vehicle on the floor as the Royal Exhibition building is heritage listed.

Bummer!

I sure hope you get a chance to show it somewhere this summer. You worked so hard to get it finished.

Will start pulling the motor apart Monday as I hope it is just some dry gasckets due to the motor sitting for so long. I do have anothwer event in January that would be nice to attend, but I am not about to take any shortcuts to fix this problem.

Cool23":136jzu37 said:
Will start pulling the motor apart Monday as I hope it is just some dry gasckets due to the motor sitting for so long. I do have anothwer event in January that would be nice to attend, but I am not about to take any shortcuts to fix this problem.

That's perfectly understandable. Good luck with solving the problem. Let's hope it really is just something as simple as a faulty gasket.

Sadly it is not. Gaskets look ok and we have no idea how the oil is getting into the water could be a crack in the head that only appears when Hot :(

Cool23":39234ut9 said:
Sadly it is not. Gaskets look ok and we have no idea how the oil is getting into the water could be a crack in the head that only appears when Hot :(

oh, poop.

Sorry to hear that.

:(

:( :thanks: Will be visiting Cummins tomorrow about another motor or building this one with a new block, they will also crack test the head.

Many of my issues now appear they can be refered back to one firm :roll: that has done work for me and that is on the LPG, Engine head and the Air Con system missing O rings. I had to get the Air Con gassed twice due to this mistake. :devilish:

This time the Engine may get a lot more attention and plenty of dress up. :D

:D thats correct. A lot of parts on a Cummins can be polished like the rocker covers ( all six ). :beer:

Ordered a NEW Cummins 6BT today and it will be ready for collection soon :D .

The old motor is history :( and not much use for anything a few problems have been found that should have been found when it was rebuilt. May just put it back together and sit it on the floor in the workshop.

I collect my new 6BT tomorrow. A few items have been swapped from my old motor to the new one like the Ford gearbox adapter etc.

OK, I have my brand new Dong Feng (East Wind) Cummins.
l_d069501e033246b09bf70bc9fcfc6f6e.jpg

l_258a3f2615904dfab05ce8e6e77a740d.jpg

As you can see my Pro stock style sump is fitted as is my Stainless Steel air tube. Cummins changed the fuel injection for me to Auto Specifications instead of Stationery Engine Specifications. The new Engine is a brand new 2008 built motor and never been used. Still have to swap over my gearbox adaption and change a few other things as this one is slightly different with a waste gate etc. I hope to be back on the road by the end of January 2010.

Sorry, Forum will not allow me to post the picture.

Fitted up now. Had to modify part of the block for the starter and modify the waste gate so as not to hit the brake master cyinder. Many other small changes have yet to take place after a full days work to put the new motor in. Some of the heater hoses will be relocated due to changes with this Engine. Air Con may be a small problem due to the new injection system. Luckily some of the old brackets etc. from the old motor can be bolted on and swapped over.
Some of the wiring will also need to be updated so the new injection system will work.

Back