Diesel Inliner.

Cool23

Famous Member
f4assemble1800xqx2.jpg

OK here is a stirrer for you. 1977 Aussie F350 Chassis. 1948 F4 truck cab with modified Peter Built Sleeper cabin.

Motor is a 1991 Cummins Inline Turbo ( 6BT 5.9 Litre 360 Ci ) with Cummins factory adaption to a Ford C6 Auto and a US Gear Over drive coupled to that. Dana rear end has had the ratio changed. Plans are to run it on Bio Diesel with LPG ( Propane ) Injection.

f4ubonnet800xip7.jpg

Chassis and brakes etc. are all stock F-350 as is the steering column.

Nice one. I think the door into your sleeper could be taller though.

You wouldn't know what integral intake/exhaust (turbo) manifold set has "OMC" cast on the outside, would you? Tripped over one at work the other day (a backyard full of junk where the shed was demolished).

addo":34ot6h9h said:
Nice one. I think the door into your sleeper could be taller though.

Thats the toolbox :LOL: Do not forget we are Right Hand Drive so the sleeper door is on the other side. Sleeper Cabin has been Chopped Channeled and section to fit and to show you here ( bottom of post ) is a photo prior to it being fitted.

addo":34ot6h9h said:
You wouldn't know what integral intake/exhaust (turbo) manifold set has "OMC" cast on the outside, would you? Tripped over one at work the other day (a backyard full of junk where the shed was demolished).

On the Cummins ? It is Factory Holset. Sorry "OMC" has got me :unsure:
Sounds like a Marine Turbo but then I have to admit my Turbo knowledge is not very good. Try a GOOGLE search :)

originalsleeper800xyt6.jpg

:D :shock: yes OMC - Yes there is a marine version of this same motor.
The 6BT has been used in many applications such as Pumps, Industrial applications as well as the Dodge Ram etc.

Finished the wiring loom this week and today fired the Cummins up. Started first turn of the key. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

December 2007 Ready for the tear down for Panel and Paint.
simonf4pulldown051024xrm6.jpg

simonf4pulldown041024xvq7.jpg

Sleeper Cab at the paint shop. 25th January 2008.
simonf4pulldown011024xeu7.jpg

21st January 2008 - Here is the chassis ( 1977 F-350 ) with motor and gearbox etc minus the Cab and sleeper cabin. Still some minor work to be done on the chassis.
simonf4pulldown021024xju5.jpg

Here is the cab. A lot of work to be done here.
simonf4pulldown031024xfu3.jpg

Doors have been fixed and we have added Bear Claw latches using the existing door mechanism we have internal lock as per original Door handles, on the outside the handles have been replaced with an aftermarket handle that has the key locks built in. All very trick. Hole in the firewall is for the F-350 brake booster / mastercylinder.
Cab has very little rust so will be easily fixed. All the white marks are holes we have to weld up. New floor is Chequer plate steel.

Are you using a Falcon or similar column?

Through the cab screen photo, is that "Gold Teak" coloured Proof-Tint woodstain on the shelf? Fourth shelf down from the top, about 16 inches to the left of the grey-blue plastic container...

addo":1j06ze5r said:
Are you using a Falcon or similar column?
77 Aussie F-350 Column is the same as the Aussie Falcon, even the same wiring connections etc.

addo":1j06ze5r said:
Through the cab screen photo, is that "Gold Teak" coloured Proof-Tint woodstain on the shelf? Fourth shelf down from the top, about 16 inches to the left of the grey-blue plastic container...
I have no idea as it is not my workshop. :unsure: :shock:
Just try some paint thinners ADDO and see if that works for you :LOL:

24th April and time to update you again.
simonf8painting01dz6.jpg

Truck Cab is ready for paint. Well still some minor rust to repair. Cab has been strengthened in many places such as in the floor area and round the door hood / bonnet hinges etc. Hood /bonnet ( you do not call it a Bonnet in the USA or Canada do you ? ) has been heavily braced underneath as well. I have found new handles to use and these have the Key in the handle. beer Claw latches have been added using the old F4 mechanisms so the door has dual locks with the handle locking set up.
simonf8painting02ob9.jpg

Sleeper Cab is now back in place on the chassis. All the front sheetmetal ( Guards, Bonnet, Running boards ) has yet to be delivered to the painter. All the rust in those has been fixed.

simonf4may20update01xz7.jpg

19th May. Cab has been partly sand blasted so final rust repairs can be done.
simonf4may20update02gh3.jpg

A last look at the drivers door with the old sign writing. I will reproduce the signwriting with a new theme. Also note the new door handle with the key lock built in.

1st August cab is now in primer and rust free.
cab2_1_8_08_171.jpg

cab1_1_8_08_392.jpg

Floor and roof have body deadner panels. Should be in primer soon and before then of the month will be in color.
cab4_1_8_08_263.jpg

cab3_1_8_08_130.jpg

4th August and now in Grey Etch primer.
cab_4_8_08_201.jpg

Also had to fix up the door hinges an at the same time MAKE as I could not find a place that sells new door hinge pins.
door_hinges4_8_08_737.jpg

Back