such a thing?

A

Anonymous

well I'm really bored at work, and there's a debate on another forum I'm on...I know, I know, internet fights go no where, but....

I'm just curious, is there such a thing as a chevy 4.8L (supposedly a 289) I-6?

never heard of it, but then again I'm no chevy expert when it comes to I6s...so this is an oppurtunity to possibly "learn something new everyday" today.

My dad bought a 65 pickup with one of those (new) and I later had a Chevy van with one. Good engines - most Chey 250 mods wok on it - check out Cliffords stuff for a start - not an ad just a starting refernce point.

Check out this site:
http://www.inliners.org/
One of the guys there even has a book on the chev six thats really in-depth. Even though its for a different builder/engine series, its a neet book for ideas & such. Wasn't all that spendy. Wish there was something like that on the 300. Kinda interesting looking at the pictures & reading about what they can do with the 292. I haven't done much work with the chev sixes (though I have a 250 crank... not sure how that happened), but from what I have seen, the 292 & the 300 aren't all that different. A few years ago I was at a car show in Charolette NC & ran into the Inliners there, cool group to hang out with - inliners are inliners, regardless of builder. :D Maybe one of these days I'll be able to pick up a chev six to fool with... (& the wife will string me up, "you got ANOTHER car/truck/engine?!?!?!?!).
Edwin

Back