Fitting a Buick GNX/typhoon/cyclone Turbo V6???

A

Anonymous

Thought I'd post the question here since this room is falling behind.

Anyone ever try to fit/hear of someone fitting a Buick GNX/typhoon/cyclone Turbo V6 inbetween the frames of a 63 Chevy deuce?

Would like to see it on my brothers 67 Nova ll, though. Now that would be kill.

Ctown

Didn't see a Buick V6. Know anyone down dare running one? Letme tell ya, when it's time to do the dyno pulls at shows here in the states, it's usually the Buick GN's spankin' the dyno!

Kewl deal though on the website. I dig that supercharged one. Very tight fit, but the fella got it done!

:checks:

Ctown

I assumed it was a Holden V6/cousin. Seems like that little bad boy prefers turbo's for optimum power. A properly (moderately) built turbo GN can pull 800 rear wheel ponies easily...However

I'm into supercharging meself. I dig it more cuz the exhaust sound is kill!

CHEVYTOWN :checks:

The heads and blower still pull about AUD$2000 used here, with all the gear to bolt on. You still have to sort out a computer. The M90 blowers are factory optional.

There's a graph here of what the blower can do for the donk.

http://www.holden.com.au/www-holden/act ... &bitmask=1

This is the same type of blower Ted wants two of for his Falcon 300 project.

Interesting...I would have assumed that ecotec would have pulled more torque/hp's because of their design team...The little 4 cylinder in the Saab that runs pikes peak is supa crazy...wonder what gives with their V6? I'm assuming it's not supercharged. Even so, not bad.

CHEVYTOWN :checks:

There is a guy not far from me , in Upland, Calif. who put a GN motor in a Toyota pickup... It hauls a$$. It's running 10's in the quarter.

friend of mine's got a 84 T-Type GN if anything is needed to be looked at

Chevytown, the GN has a 3.8T, the Cyclone/Typhoon has a 4.3T... The GN is by far the beast of the two, mostly because it's more common...
Evan

Evan,

Damn bro I had no idea they were different displacements! Always assumed it was the 3.8

Now I see why I coined the term...GMC=gone mad crew!

SWB, Gracias for the knowledge.

Ctown

Also, if you can find a turbo 4.3, it'll bolt in anywhere you can shove a SBC, as the 4.3 is effectively a 350 with 2 cylinders hacked off, same bore, stroke, bolt pattern, mounts, etc....
The GN engine is the Buick 231... It of course has a bifferent bellhousing pattern, mounts, etc....
Evan

Would be nice to "lower in the hole" a 4.3 in my brother's 67 Nova ll that has a 350. Talk about not being a cookie cutter!

Ctown

Thats a brilliant idea :idea:

The loss of two cylinders gives extra space for a H-U-G-E inter-cooler, and a bigger turbo!!! What would Zora Arkus Duntov, the man behind all hot small block Chevys, say???

Possibly Da Da Da/Ja Ja Ja (he was a Russian Belgian American)

We need ChevyII's with this sort of grunt because alloy head and 2V Ford I6's are taking over the planet. :nod::nod::nod: You been warned hombre.

Gear up. GM Resistance is the only option.

PS...The New Zealand government has a non Genetically Modified policy for its imports. I've been busy keeping NZ GM-free for ages...I drive a Ford Falcon!

Sounds like a Fool Or Retard Daily.... :mrgreen:

:checks:

heheheheheheheheheehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
:LOL: :LOL:: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
:LOL: :LOL:: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

heheheheheheheheheehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Did you know the Ecotec 3800, the GM 3800, the Buick 181, 194, 231 and 252 and 225 V6'S all were based on the old Buick Olds Alloy 215 V8...the same one used in the Rover 3500, Triumph TR8, MGB GTV8 3.5 Liter V8's. The Land Rover 3.5, 3.9 and 4.6 liter engines are related, so too are the Australian Leyland Boxer truck 4.2 V8's, and also the Leyland P76 4.4 liter V8.

Bore centres on all engines is 4.215 inches.

Back