Slant 6 in pickup

x21

Saw an 85 pickup (3/4 ton)with a 225 slant six and auto tranny on c-list. info- http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/800310959.html
Got some Clifford stuff on it. Was wondering the potential of it. Really I just would like a decent pick-up to do various "pick-up truck" things. Like for instance hauling the 302 and C4 i plan on removing out of my 69 Stang. And even be able to tow a decent sized trailer- I am guessing full out car haulers are out of the question though ;) Obviously I will actually go and look at the truck's body, frame, and drivetrane condition, but wanted to hear opinions about the slants. Thanks ahead of time.

They're VERY realiable.....and they're indestructable :shock: 8) . They've got one of the BEST Oiling system's ever devised :) . ~OO6.

My Bro-in-law had a shortbox stepside Dodge pickup when I was a kid, seems like it was a '65 and it had a slant six with a four speed. I have NEVER seen another one, would probably grab it in a heartbeat if I ever do find one.

Not gonna be the best trailer towing rig though.. :cry:

Lazy JW":1316i4y8 said:
My Bro-in-law had a shortbox stepside Dodge pickup when I was a kid, seems like it was a '65 and it had a slant six with a four speed. I have NEVER seen another one, would probably grab it in a heartbeat if I ever do find one.

Not gonna be the best trailer towing rig though.. :cry:

Not so good for towing, no, but it could be a decent daily driver for somebody who did light hauling.

Back