Chevy 250cu in a 67 mercury comet

67chrrybucket

To start off i know ill get a lot of bashing for suggesting putting a Chevy engine in a Ford/Mercury But i have found lots of parts and availability for the chevy so I figured i would ask the community if anybody had attempted this and how it worked for them, also any tips or tricks for building a good 250 I want a good street cruiser that will put up a good fight if i get challenged I am planning on adding a turbo later but I want to get it going first thanks in advance for any help.

There was a cool early Comet in NY with a Flathead Ford BA. Sometimes it's not can it be done but why...

There are groups like Inliners International that are as thorough on Chevy Six help as forum members here for Ford six'z.

HAve Fun

67chrrybucket":1f57xbfc said:
ill get a lot of bashing for suggesting putting a Chevy engine in a Ford/Mercury

You should not. All bickering aside chevy makes a fine product every bit as good as Ford dose. If not they would quickl;y go out of business.

The one big change you will find in the chevy L6 is the the intake/exhaust and distributer is on the opposite side of the engine. this should not pose much of a problem.

Have you thought about using the latest chevy six. It has a lot of improvements including variable cam timing and profile. It is supposed to be a very power full and sturdy engine but may be a little pricey.

Good Luck

I've had several Chevy sixes and they were very good. Back in the mid sixties Pontiac offered a OHC model that with the 4bbl option was pretty quick. The Jeep 4.0 was pretty impressive for power too. I have been very happy with my EFI 300s but they may be a tight fit for your application.
regards
rikard

Back