New Aluminum Head for Jeep & AMC Sixes!

I am hoping a company like Edelbrock will buy classic inlines and continue to produce the aluminum head.

bubba22349":125331g4 said:
:unsure: Though this was interesting that Edelbrock made a new Alum. Head for the Jeep Sixes looks great!

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/ ... jeep.shtml

For Edelbrock to jump into the inline 6 alloy head market, there has got to be a big demand and $$$ in it for them.
HESCO was making an aluminum alloy replacement head for the Jeep 4.0 for years, but they are no longer produced.
As per the 2014 SEMA trade show interview with an Edelbrock representative that you can watch on YouTube, it is the longest head that they ever produced, requiring new tooling. My take in hearing this video presentation was that because of the new tooling for a longer cylinder head, it opened up the door for "other" similar engines. I purchased an FSPP alloy head and manifold about 3 years ago, and loved how light it made my 200. I sold the head to an Asian guy that was building a ground up sports car through his college. I should have kept the head, but sold the project. I am in line to purchase another alloy head, now made by C/I in the US. Hopefully, if they can get into the warehouse where the heads are, they will be available tp purchase again. All I can say is if there are problems getting the C/I head, or they become unavailable for some reason, flood Edelbrock with requests for a smallblock Ford inline six head. I know that Mike had been working on an alloy head for the bigblock Ford six market, but it might be stillborn, but maybe Edelbrock would think of producing that.

---Craig

That is interesting. I have a 2001 Cherokee Sport I6/auto I use as an urban combat vehicle in the DFW area and it has good performance. Read some Jeep forums and stroking them seems to be common. A stroked/aluminum head combo would probably be pretty impressive.

(y) yep there's lots of possible combos and potential with those sixes!

I called Edelbrock about the AMC 4.0 head, and it weighs 41lbs, which is a savings of 25 lbs over the stock 66lb head.
The reason that it isn't lighter is because it has a 5/8" deck cast in. So far Summit has the best price, just under $1500.
It should be popular with the Jeep/offroad crowd. 8)

---Craig

Back