Aluminum Head for a 275 cubic inch engine:

AKxplorer

I know it isn't a ford but it's a great inline six engine. I'm trying to get this one done, so that I can do up a 300 inline six in an old 1987 fj-60 landcruiser.

Here are the specs of a 4.5 L 1fz-fe toyota motor:
cross flow head design.
Extremely long intake runners to improve low end torque
24 valve
Gear driven dizzy off the front of the head that is a sealed unit
Dual Over Head Cam
9.0 compression ratio
86 lbs with camshafts

I got this head shaved 10 thousandths, and completely rebuilt with all new valves.
Stock Motor is 212 horspower and 275 ft lbs of toque.
After the head shave and full header exauhst system, advanced timing etc, I'm guessing the power should be around 230 hp and 310 torque. These motors pull very hard:
head%202.jpg
[/url][/img]

:unsure: Looks like with that head design it should have lots of potential! Good luck :nod:

Yes, a lot of potential with these engines. Ford guys have been wishin and dreamin for an aluminum head for the 300 ford for so long, I better appreciate what this thing is.

It was about $1100 for all the machine work. The machine shop even shimmed the valves to spec, and that's kind of labor-intensive. I decided to replace everything while I'm in there. All hoses, alternator, belts, all gaskets, flow matched injectors, front main seal, waterpump, fan clutch, etc. I accidentally broke a knock sensor, so that was an unexpected cost. Try to do some crazy yoga inside the engine bay, lifting that big head out of there, I just grazed the knock sensor. Old plastic connectors break easily.

215 hp and 275 ft lbs stock is nothing to brag home about with a heavy solid axle vehicle. But when that torque comes in at 1800 rpms, you feel it. Never does this engine need to rev high. The 4.11 gears in the axles are a nice ratio.

Full header-back exhaust, advanced timing and a shaved head. I can definitely feel a difference. It's gotta be 300 ft lbs of torque or more now. On real steep grades, it lugs better without the transmission down shifting less often.

Back