Heep of a jeep

64-5mustang

Unfortunately my pony is now taking a back seat as I just blew the trans in my jeep. It's a 71 jeep commando with a buick 225 odd fire and t 14 trans dana 20 t case. you first gen bronco guyshave a real similar set up. I want a different trans period. I suspect a cracked head as I did head gaskets in high school really slowed down a coolant leaks popping up all over buts now it's just as bad again. I'm looking to swap the whole power train. Possibly with a sbc as I got one collecting dust. But I really love that buick odd fire, but getting parts is worst than a ford 200. What would you guys to in this case, hopefully this post is allowed since it's a oddball engen. Thanks for your time and help.

My Bro-in-law put a GM 4.3 Liter V6 in an early Willys pickup; that was a pretty sweet setup (for a bent engine).

Hi, Ford front axles drive from the left side, and GM drives from the right side, so that should be a factor in the decision.
Did you blow the tranny, or just the clutch?
If the Jeep is high millage and worn out you may have to change everything.
See what the Jeep guys are using for a popular and easy swap.
Good luck

It's a trans broke the counter shaft and impute gear second gear and sent metal through everything else. Sadly with the Buick engen thers no easy simple swap.

Back