dodge 225 slant six

A

Anonymous

If we could break away from Fords for a second, i would like to ask about another 6 cyl.

What to you guys think if the slant 6 225cid engine? I have one in my '84 Dodge Ram D100(first vehicle at 16). It seems to be damn near bulletproof to me.

What are any performance upgrades/possibilities to do to this thing? How do you think it ranks with the ford 6's?

It has over 170,000 on it, hooked to a 3 speed, and is starting to run a little ruff. I would like to rebuild it, perhaps for old-times sake, but mainly cause I've never heard a bad thing about it.

Whatcha Think???

The MOPAR 6 responds well to mods. In 1960 when they introduced the Valiant, they also introduced the Hyper pack. 4 bbl, header, higher compression, cam and 225 BHP out of 225 CU. IN. They also had alloy blocks.

The Aussi version is a Hemi I'm told, but I'm not sure the heads are interchangeable.

The Oz Hemi is a different motor. 245 or 265 cubes, seven mains, indestructible almost. It was quicker than every other roadgoing factory six until Porsche upgraded the 911 in the mid-70s.

Cheers, Adam.

My dad and I were browsing a junkyard one day and came across an old Dodge (or maybe it was a Plymouth) with a slant 6 in it. He said he had one before and it was a great engine. I would like to have an old mopar with a slant 6 in it. That is an awesome engine. :D

Back