Not Exactly a Inline......but.......

A

Anonymous

I got a question about the Ford 2.9L V6 if thats ok?

I got one in a 87 Ranger XLT, 2wd, 5sp, with 300,000 miles.

Now, I relize with this many miles Oil Pressure problems become a possiblitly, but when I first start her sometimes the gauge will sit perfect, sometimes low, and I noticed lately at idle it will drop all the way down untill I juice it back up, however, the Engine sounds no different at all through these diffrent cycles.

Gauge or Engine?

Hmm, it is the orginal pump, however, ive been told Oil Pumps go forever.

Of course, my water pump, fuel pump, alternator, and starter are aall orignial too :-D

Put a real gauge on it and see what kind of numbers you get. Dont use a gauge with wires, if you want the truth use a mech unit. Then you will know what is the real oil pressure.
Jim

Like the other people have said put a gage on it and check it out for sure. I can't say about the 2.3 but our 428's the cam bearings and rod and main bearing get loose and they loose oil pressure.

If you do have low oil pressure buy some Lucas oil treatment and put how ever much the bottle tells you to add in it you will get your oil pressure back and keep it. You have to add that each time you change your oil.

Two of our 428's were going to have to be pulled off wells and rebuilt because of no oil pressure some one told us to try Lucas. We have tried some other stuff that helped for a little while (half a day) but with the lucas we are running between oil changes and keeping the oil pressure. Up until we started using the lucas we had never got enough hours on a 428 to have valve problems three engines now have got enough hours to have the heads replaced. We use the lucas in all the 428's now. We do not put it in anything else but I wouldn't be scared to.

Let us know how well it works.
Jeremy

Back