HEI? and a blown 223?

A

Anonymous

Anybody know of anybody who makes electronic ignition set-up for a 223?

Also, I am attempting to put a paxton-mcculloch supercharger in my rig. Does anyone have any experience with this that could throw out any pointers?

Steve Evans,
Portland, OR
'56 F-100

Ignition?

I have no knowledge of anybody making such a thing (as a regular item), but it should be feasible to adapt another ignition. That type of modification is commonplace down here, as we don't have the parts resources of the US. It shouldn't cost you more than $350 ready to roll. While this seems pricey, consider that you are getting not only the electronics, but a rebuilt, recurved dizzy at the same time. It's streets ahead of the bolt-on things like Pertronix, which don't address the other issues of wear and "curve".

Cheers, Adam.

That's a terrific idea. It didn't even occur to me. Thanks.

Steve

orange county speed in fullerton, CA makes one. Mail them a distributor and they'll do the conversion, its going to cost you aroudn $210 if i remember. I switched my 223 over last year, and am very very happy. I cant say i got a huge boost in power, but it starts easier, i gained 2-3 mpg, and i havent had to sit on the side of the road fussing with points since.

I think i paid like $210 and it was all included, but its been a while.

I re-read the thread with a bit more detail though, and they are building them using the pertronix bits and flamethrower coil/wires.. which i guess you can get online and do yourself.

Here's my most recent one made to order (from several "donors"):

Pics click to show larger ones. I paid $450 for it, supplying my own cam gear, and about $60 shipping. In US dollars, that's a total of about $380-odd.

The coil is an aftermarket unit and cost me an extra $60? (about USD$45). It rocks!

Regards, Adam.

cal":p03qqhn5 said:
...and they are building them using the pertronix bits and flamethrower coil/wires.. which i guess you can get online and do yourself.

I checked out Pertronix website but it seems they skip the 6's for the entire 215/223/262 run. Maybe I'll just give 'em a call and see it's just not listed.

I have one in my truck.

If you cant find it, let me know and i'll go down to where i got mine, and ask them for what info you will need (email me if you need that, cal@dis.org). I dont mind runnign down there, i need to pick a few things up anyways.

-Cal
cal@dis.org

wow
I'm going to have to keep an eye on that autosignature. :)

Nice picture.

Took my truck to the salton sea poker run (offroad event, every january, near the salton sea) and got it into a bit more 'off road' than i am used to.. i have a few months of pinching pennies to fix the body damage.. windshield.. front axle.. so the installation of new intake/exhaust/carb is going to be delayed.

Looks like i'm going to run clifford headers, and a clifford intake manifold with a webber 38 2bbl.. anyone have any advice before i try to roll forward with that setup?

Shame about the damage. But kudos for taking the truck out and using it hard!

Regards, Adam.

ON THE DISTRIBUTOR, CHK WITH CLIFFORD PERFORMANCE CALL 909.303.2333 USING THEIR HEADERS, INTAKE AND WEBER 38 DGES ON MINE. IN PROCESS

Back