Here's pics on how to swap a 215 to a 223 in a '53 Mainline

texas_rat_trap

Make adapter plates out of 1/4" thick steel plate that bolt to 223 original mounting holes, use original 215 engine mount brackets bolted to adapter plate & flip original 215 '53 Mainline mounts around on cross member....No welding or cutting cross members, all bolt in. :D the adapter plates raise the engine about 3/4 to 1". These mounts are not cleaned up yet and are raw for test fit, and they work perfectly no oil pan or steering linkage clearance issues.

untitled.jpg

engmount3.jpg

engmount2.jpg

engmount.jpg

mount.jpg

Did you make that filter for the road pipe (crankcase breather) or was that factory equipment on the 215 engine. Never saw one like that on a vintage Ford 6.
I put an old sock over the bottom of the tube on mine and hold it on the tube with a nylon cable tie. But the sock gets oily real fast with all the hiway driving I do.

Daves55Courier":215sw1r5 said:
Hey, is your fuel pump going to hit that new bracket you made when you try to install the fuel pump ?

No, it won't hit left enough room to use mechanical pump, but will probably use an electric fuel pump.

Daves55Courier":3qn52tjo said:
Did you make that filter for the road pipe (crankcase breather) or was that factory equipment on the 215 engine. Never saw one like that on a vintage Ford 6.
I put an old sock over the bottom of the tube on mine and hold it on the tube with a nylon cable tie. But the sock gets oily real fast with all the hiway driving I do.

The crank case ventilation tube is out of a 1961 F-100 223cid..The '61 F-100 was a miracle junk yard find...the engine was virgin...everything on it down to the spark plugs and wires.

Did you have to do anything with oil pump? I am trying to replace a blown 215 with a 223. The 215 is rear sump & i have a 223 that's a front sump. It's going in a 53 customline.

Back