Just got 2 254 engines

mainline331

I was looking for a while for a 254, then actually found two- one in Oklahoma that was on someone's land, hiding in the bushes, at least since 1960...Original vehicle was unknown. The other was in Arkansas, and came out of a school bus that was used for storage, last ran in 1966. The interesting thing is the different oil pans- I will attach a link to my photobucket. The school bus engine has a "T" style pan, while the other is the standard truck pan (without the space for the suspension to pass through as on the car). Both are crusty, but will be getting rebuilt. I will keep yall posted......

http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... =slideshow

Congratulations:

Just sent you a PM; you made a quick trip to AR, apparently!

You have a strong truck; those engines are HEAVY!

I'd get a 55 gallon drum and soak em in kerosene (or is it diesel?) for 3-4 wks before attempting to turn a nut/bolt.

My 1st 254 (F6) has the T-shaped oil pan too (18 #'s). Like the other pan better. Thinking of fabricating an AL pan, plus the oil will stay cooler.

I found a rebuilt M-254 + .040" in Montana last night, a loooong way (1700 miles)! But 2 Ex valves and seats need to be reworked; low compression (2 cyls) vs the others at 140 psi. Sounds OK basically; runs. Apparently a quick fix!

Back