'53 215 paint color

Rustynail

Is the correct engine color for the 1953 215 6-cylinder (truck) medium green? If so, is there a Krylon color number, or???
Is the intake manifold the same color as the block? Is the exhaust manifold black (type of finish - satin, semi gloss or ??)? Thanks.
Rusty

*Start shameless plug for a car club*
If you want to restore your pickup to original I highly recommend joining the Early Ford V8 Club of America, earlyfordV8.org. One of the benefits of the club is the advisors you can correspond with. Another is the chance to find other people working on similar project. I have personally been a happy member for over a decade.
*End shameless plug for a car club*

The correct engine color is the medium green. The intake will be painted the same color as the block and head. The exhaust may or may not have been painted at the factory, but the paint would have burned off as soon as the engine was run. If you were to show the truck at an Early Ford V8 Club concourse event with an unpainted exhaust manifold you would lose no points. I don't remember what color the valve cover is supposed to be.

Back