Hello. Here's my 54' F100 223.

Ratkiller

New to the forum and wanted to introduce my self and truck. It's a 53' F100 almost completely stock. I've had it for almost a year and love it. I have plans to lower it with a 3in drop axle and having it painted close to the original blue but with tons of pearl and a semi-flat clear coat. It has a 223 from a 54' F100 backed by a stock 3sdp, on the tree. It runs absolutely perfect, I drive it every day. I would like to keep the 223 and add a performance intake and header with dual exhaust. I've been looking at Clifford's set up but I really like the dual Offenhauser intake. I remember reading something about Clifford's intake and exhaust manifolds, about them only being able to mount together. Is this correct? Because I was thinking about using the Clifford exhaust manifold and dual Offenhauser intake. Would this be a easy bolt on application?

Here are a couple current pics.
7-31-09009-1.jpg

7-31-09010-1.jpg

8-4-09001-1.jpg

8-4-09006-1.jpg

8-4-09004-1.jpg

Lookin Good. I am still running the 223 in my 62 also and it is stock. There are a few guys in here that have used some of the items you have mentioned, they probably will chime in.

Fred

While I don't have first hand experience, according to Clifford's website, their intake manifold "...will not bolt onto your engine with the factory cast iron exhaust manifolds."

My understanding is the Clifford intake will not clear the heat riser passage on the stock exhaust manifold (which it doesn't use). I do not know if it is possible to remove enough material from the stock manifold for clearance. Perhaps someone has tried that and can elaborate. Your combination of Offy manifold and Clifford headers should fit, as far as I know. However, check a few posts back where another member has a set of Clifford headers that do not even clear the engine block. You might want to find out more about that outcome before you plunk your money down although there aren't a lot of choices. In any event, I don't think I would order coated headers. The lack of coating gives you the option of "clearancing" around things that should have cleared from the factory.

Good luck with it and keep us posted of progress.

Lou Manglass

in my 85 pickup I had a offy intake& clifford headers. I had to grind some off the intake where it bolted to the exaust manifold. I have welded it up & it is works ok now. 

I would say it is freakin' PERFECT just like that. Maybe a bean bag cup holder on the floor. But it would have to be the right one. Loooove it.

Back