straight 6 w/ copper tubeing

Ratkiller

I was at the Roadster Show this weekend and saw this rat rod. I think it is a 223 but not sure. Thought I would share anyway.
1-30-10072.jpg

1-30-10073.jpg

Please tell me that the giant tire in the upper left corner of each picture isn't the front tire on this car...

Was it a 4 x 4? In the second pic there seems to be a diff in the axle and the axle is enclosed rather than open as a beam axle would be.

Cheby 250.... I saw some othe pics of this car on bangshift.com this thing is a 6X6 hot rod, but still very cool.

GNRS is possibly the best show of the year, maybe next to Mooneyes Xmas Show in my book. This particular rod was very creative, clever and put together well. Although it has six wheels, two are only rollers in spite of the rear axle that looks to be functional. I really dug this thing.

I personally think that is a good example of the old saying "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should"

It is too low to do anything off pavement, and has two extra very heavy axles with high rotational loads to haul around. It isn't fast, pretty, and since the extra axles aren't hooked up, it also isn't innovative.

Sorry I just realized the restoration purist in me just took over.

Back