Fire sale

Divco man

Thought i'd share my bad news/good news. My Project, '65 Divco milktruck, caught fire and burned up 2 weeks ago.New front/rear axles w/4 wheel disc, airbag susp. :cry: power steering, Gearvendors unit, all gone. I'd just finished making the sliding cab doors pneumatic.Luckily, I wasn't there to watch it go, and it had no gas or battery, so it wasn't anything I did, and no one got hurt.
So, I'm going postal! Got a 1997 P-35 GMC 6.5 Diesel cargo van, formerly from the post office with 19,000 miles on it.
So, I have a lot of stuff in storage that didn't get burned, that was for the Divco, that I no longer need. Before i put it on craigslist or e-bay, wanted to give you all first crack.Tried to post on Vintage marketplace, didn't seem to be able to, don't know whether it was operator error or what?
223 crank, milled 10thou., with 10 thou. O/S bearings.
1965 262 ,motor,complete.104,000 miles, running when pulled, never rebuilt.All I did was degrease it (externally), and store it.(2) T-98 granny 4spds.Predator carb, rebuildable, with rebuild kit and new in package float.Clifford 4 barrel intake for 223/262.1set (6) Barker hi-lift rocker arms.Rebuilt rocker arm assembly, xtra rocker arm shaft.NOS;rocker assembly stanchions for 2 bolt valve cover,Head, never been on an engine, 262 stock cam, Distributor with worm gear (spins opposite of 223)for 262, Timing gears for 262 (no chain), Valve springs, valves, pushrods.Oil pump.Copper head gasket, as well as gasket set. May have water pump.Basically, everything needed to rebuild except pistons and connecting rods, was gonna wait till after block work done to order them. Do to shipping costs, local buyer would be best, would like to sell as package.Located in Tempe, Az.$1000.00 for everything, more if I have to break it up. (480) 894-6273. Or e-mail jdutchmanjim@netzero.net Jim
Possible could transport in my postal truck, for additional $ for fuel.This would make 1 hell of a powerplant, in an older truck.Hate to let it go.

Nothing maliscious, (happened 11:00 a.m.) Was a windy day, F.D. figures a carelesly tossed cigarette.Process of elimination; no gas, no battery, what else.Theres a busy street about 180 ft. upwind, someone probably tossed 1 out the window. million to 1 shot, there was nothing between the street and my truck, and the wind was blowin due truck.Could get mad, but it wouldn't do any good.Am looking at a nice 47 Ford truck, would make a great home for that 262, so if yer interested better hurry, fore I change my mind. Ahh, but theres so much I need to do, to my "Phoenix" (What I'm callin my Postal truck). I really shouldn't take on another project. (But its such a purdy truck!!)I really shouldn't take on another project.(But its such a purrrrrrdy truck!!!)I really shouldn't take on another project.But it would really be sweet, once I was done with it.But you'd never be done with it.
I'm not scitzophrenic,.......and neither am I!! :eek: Jim

:eek: Smokers :roll: :eek: :devilish: there is a big fine here if you drop a cigarette or toss it out a car window. Just think Black Saturday etc.

47 sounds nice. Oh, you can never have to many projects but time to work on them all may become an issue.

I sure wish you were closer. I could go for some of the rocker shaft stuff and maybe the T98s.

Condolences on the Divco. You should get the '47.

Hey, I'm a smoker, and many times I've tossed butts out the window, or tossed them away when working outside, without any thought.It was a million to 1 shot. If I decide to 'break-up' the set, I'll let ya know on the rocker arm stuff. T-98's might be a bit $ to ship, tho. I've 'let go' of the dream for the Divco, not sure I'm ready to let go of what I wanted to do with the 262, yet.
Actually, all of the Divco front sheet metal, (that gives it that distinctive 'Divco' look) was off the truck, and away from the fire.
And, stepvans don't have a/c units, unless they are the roof mounted, cause there isn't enough room "under the hood". So, alright, you know where this is going.If I do it, I could register it as a Divco. Most cops don't know what a Divco is, cept the front that everyone knows.$15.00/year to register, and cheaper insurance as well. And, enough room to put an a/c unit on it.And, a very unique looking vehicle. If, and its a big if, I can make it look right. I think it will end up looking like the early UPS trucks. The Divco nose will have to be shortened in length and widened, and probably won't use much or any of the front fenders. Got rear Divco fenders to use instead of the rubber ones on there now. So, got no shortage of projects. If I do it, I'll call it "the phoenix", as in rising from the ashes. :rolflmao: Jim

Back