Hi lift rockers on which?

BradW

I've been reading some about hi lift rocker arms on the 223 and thought I read somewhere that they should be used on exhaust, then I was reading about using them on the intake so I'm wondering what is the best application for hi lift rocker arms on the 223 engine? intake only? exhaust only? both? If a guy only had a set of 6 are they the same or interchangeable between intake and exhaust? I don't see any differance in the stock rocker arms. I'm hoping to get some headers put on this winter and wondered if it would matter or make no different headers or not on where to use them. I've got a nice stock rebuilt engine in a 55 ford that runs great but I thought I'd try some upgrades like the headers and hi lift rockers but I'm not experianced in this area and am finding out the more I look into some this the less I really know. Anyone care to share their experiance or knowledge. Thank you.

Brad

Back when I had a 223, I installed the Barker Hi-Lift rockers on both intakes and exhausts. The rockers are the same so can be used for either. I didn't really notice much change but my F100 weighed somewhat over 4000 pounds. As far as using them on intakes or exhausts, I am not much of a hot-rodder but I would think that if you improved the inflow, you would also have to improve the outflow to see any gain as it would still be at factory flow on one side or the other. Just my thought on it.

Fred

Thanks for the info, I'm surprized there aren't more comments. I thought there were quite a few guys that have played around with hi lift rockers. I'll do more looking or experimenting and see if I notice anything.

Back