226-H 6 cyl valve guide specs; removal & install?

M6ride

I want to obtain the specs for 1951 226-H valve guides. I ordered the new guides and valve springs but was sent V8 springs and guides (computer data base had duplicate info stored in it).

If you have the specifications on the 226-H valve guides, I'd appreciate a call or PM, and/or post on here too. I need to find them by Monday as his machine shop might be able to make them for me in Manganese Bronze; that's what I'm talking about; oh, and if you install the bronze one's, I read it's a very GREAT idea to soak those guides in perhaps a 20W oil overnight before installation so the pores can absorb the oil, thus self-lubricating, forever. Also the bronze guides dissipate heat better that the cast style. The exhaust guide on #1 is way out of acceptable spec (wobbly!).

UPDATE; well, I called up Sealed Power and found out the following:

ID: 0.3435"
OD: 0.6537"
OAL: 2.9210"

Also, in case any of you have removed and installed the guides on the 226-H or 254-M, please advise as to procedure. i.e., can they be driven out from the bottom and driven in from the top vs pressed out/in?? Any special tools required?

note: one machinist recommended not removing the guides - drill oversize and insert K-Line Bronze Bullet Valve Guide Liners; sounds like good option to me.

PROCEDURE for installation of liners: http://www.sbintl.com/web/downloads/KLineLinerInst.pdf

THANKS

M6ride

Back