215 six cuts out when hard cornering

fordtruck52

i have a 52 ford f3 with a 215 ohv six and holley one barrel carp. the think starts easily, idles smooth and runs like a champ except for one problem. when i make a hard turn either way she cuts out for a second if you attempt to accelerate in the turn. give it a second and it smoothes out. i figured it was a mis-adjusted float. so i took off the float bowl cover and bent the float upwards. well that created too much gas. took it apart again and went the other way and it was better but the problem is still there. anyone have any ideas?

:unsure: So is the float set correctly now? Many Holleys are set to 5/16 inch others at 27/64. If that's not right fix that first and try it. I have had a fuel filter and the fuel pickup in the tank cause those problems too. Is the tank clean? It could have some trash that's shifting around when your making the turns.

A weak fuel pump can cause symptoms like you're describing. I had a Cordoba that did that when accelerating away from a stop sign and turning left.

Just an idea, but it sounds like gas is spilling out of the float chamber into the carb and trying to flood out the engine, which would have suggested that the float setting was too high all along,
But it also could be that your fuel pump is pushing too much fuel pressure. If your holley has a glass bowl on the float chamber, look at the level of gasoline in relation to the float. If the gas is submerging the float, chances are very strong that you have this problem.

Back