2V carb on 223?

vntgtrk

I'm new here so bear with me asking stupid questions. I'm putting a 223 in my '59 F100 project and need carb advice. I also plan on doing the duraspark conversion. So with the original 1904, do you just pull the 'Crapomatic" spark thang and put in a plug? What about using a Motorcraft 2100 off a 302 with a Transdapt or similar adapter? Is that too much carb or can they be jetted down? Keep in mind I'm too broke to pay attention much less shell out bucks for a new Weber carb.
I may have a line on a used Autolite 1100 but the guy keeps flaking on me. Thanks in advance for your help

For the 1904, put a plug in it. You might take a look at some of the Rochester 2CG carbs that were used on GM V6s and small V8s. The base size is smaller than the holley or Motorcraft units so they may be easier to adapt.

If you are going to change to any other carb from the stock setup. Your right time to ditch the LOD distributor first thing. The 2 x 1V intakes with a pair of Holley 1904 or Autolite 1100 -1101 also work very well on a 223. :nod:

X2 on the Holley 94. They are fairly easy to get. They were on V8 Fords from the '30s to the '60s. One should give you a performance bump over the stock single. You could make an adaptor to use one on your existing manifold.

I was thinking of adding a pair of Stromberg "81's" (via Offy adapters) to my Edelbrock F546 Dual on my 223. Any suggestions/comments?

OK so here's where I'm at. Scored a dizzy from an '82 300 cid truck and a coil, wiring harness and
ignition module from another '82 f series that had a V8. I'm presuming they'll work together. I have in my possession, as stated, the original 94, an Autolite 1100 and the Motorcrap 2100. I may just make an adapter to fit the 2100 on the stock manifold.
Next question: anybody advance the cam on a 223? This is going to be a working truck and I'm thinking 2 to 4 degrees of advance may give me the torque boost I want. Thoughts?

vntgtrk":2fzt3vwg said:
OK so here's where I'm at. Scored a dizzy from an '82 300 cid truck and a coil, wiring harness and
ignition module from another '82 f series that had a V8. I'm presuming they'll work together.
They should work together without any issue. However a 300 distributor will not (from the factory) drop right into a 223, they are different motor families. Luckily this topic has been broached here before..

Duraspark II distributor on 223

They should work together without any issue. However a 300 distributor will not (from the factory) drop right into a 223, they are different motor families. Luckily this topic has been broached here before..

Duraspark II distributor on 223[/quote]
Yup, that's where I got the idea. :nod:

Back