Just bought 1963 f100 233 and need new gearing and carb

I need a carb rebuild kit mine is leaking. Also need cheap good gears...OR ..I found out I have 3.89 in the rear but want 3.4...how do I do this? Can I simply order new ring and pinion?

carb-6-small.jpg

truck-1-small.jpg

That is an Autolite 1100 1bbl and you should be able to swap in the rearend from any Ford pickup up to '79. Or you could just swap out the center section. Your pickup and most (all?) Ford pickups up to about '80 and a lot of full sized cars, used the venerable for 9" The only thing you have to make sure of is the axle spline count. Otherwise find a gearing that you like, unbolt your current one, bolt in better, more highway friendly gears.

-ron

You can also bring about the same equivalent change in rear end gear ratio by increasing rear tire diameter.

Or swapping over to a T5 or other overdrive transmission. More expensive than a rear end gear change but a high gear ratio will make off line performance from a stop real sluggish, like starting off in second (or third in a 4 speed) gear because of heavy truck and small engine.

Nice looking truck 61 to 66 are one of my big favorites. X2 is an Autolite carb. One of the easier to rebuild carbs check out the float in it could be sinking, brass ones would crack and fill with fuel and the nitro types with age would absorb fuel and get heavy

Is your carb leaking from the fitting in the front?
http://www.championmustang.com/autolite ... -9889.html
If so, get one of these. It's quite common and this cures 99.99% of them. For the other .01%, a crush washer behind it works.
BTW is it possible to get a pic of the linkage? I'm considering putting my 1100 on my 223 as I know it's good and it would save me the trouble and expense of rebuilding my 1904

Back