'62 223 oil leak

62uni

I went to a local cruise last night, 1st time out for the year, noticed a oil leak coming down from under the manifold, thought it was wierd leaking from there, it doesn't appear to be leaking from the valve cover. Where else could it be coming from? I looked real quick this morning kinda hard to tell where exactly it was coming from. I only drove it a couple miles. Figured i would ask the experts here 1st. Thanks.
Charlie

If it's not leaking down from the valve cover, the only other oil in that area would be the pressure passage into the cylinder head that feeds the rocker arms. I have seen oil leaks from the head gasket in the area of that passage. Hope that helps.

Lou Manglass

My 61 uni didnt leak at all till my son took it to a local shop for some reason. The "expert", plugged my crank case vent tube because of a vacuum leak?, and I had to re seal everything. I took the time to clean out the canister,tube and valve out. No more leaks, and no more expert for my son.

unibody madness":3lmd96o3 said:
The "expert", plugged my crank case vent tube because of a vacuum leak?,

You could have open holes all over the engine as long as they were below the piston rings and it would never cause a vacuum leak. What kind of "EXPERT" was he?

Back