wanted 262 ford L6 engine

johnrodz

Please help I need a 262 ford 6 for a project of importance . If you have one for sale I would like to talk to you. if you don't have one please ask around and advise me of its whereabouts.
thanks John mullen

If your still looking for a 262, I might be able to help. Let me know if your still needing one for your project.

I have a 64 262 in the f250 I'm working on. It came with a note book with oil change and mileage info and it allegedly had rings, bearings and a valve job about 8-10k ago, but that was some time in the 90s. It has 2 cylinders where the compression is a little lower than the other 4 but my buddy said it might just need harder driving for a while as it has spent the last 20 years on a a farm. It still has the factory air cleaner with "262 cubic inch and 152 H.P. on it." I have a 65 240 and access to a 300 and they are cheaper to modify. Call me at 903-375-3957. We can discuss this further. Im tired of typing. LOL JT.

Hi John, right now there is a 262 up for grabs in the Vintage Six section if your still looking. Good luck :nod:

johnrodz":k9istxjv said:
Please help I need a 262 ford 6 for a project of importance . If you have one for sale I would like to talk to you. if you don't have one please ask around and advise me of its whereabouts.
thanks John mullen

I believe I have a 262 if you still need one, the measurements I took and the engine specs line up almost perfectly. do you want it restored or non restored and do it yourself.

Back