Any interest in a new dual carb intake?

CNC Dude, just sent you a PM. I apologize for falling off the face of the earth, but I haven't been able to get the manifold off just yet. Still interested in sending it if someone else hasn't beat me to it.

I would be more interested in a 3 x 1 intake for a 226 Ford,as well as a set of cast iron headers for a 226 in a 51 Ford car. The 3 x 1 intake is a MUCH better balanced intake for a inline 6 than a 2 x 1. Easier to turn,makes more power,and even gets better gas mileage.

Plus,from a manufacturer/retailer POV,it will sell a LOT quicker because 3 x 1 intakes for flat 6 Fords are practically impossible to find,but there are some 2 x 1 intakes floating around in the used market.

In either case I would be interested in a a cast iron dual exhaust setup where the exhaust is NOT bolted to the intake. You could maybe consider running a tube through it for water heat like the old Edmunds intakes for those who live on cold climates.

Well, again after over year of waiting for those who have shown an interest in helping bring this to fruition have fallen threw and not sending any core pieces I needed to begin the patternmaking process, I am once again closing the door on this offer.

This project is back on now! I finally had someone step forward and provide an OEM intake for dimensioning to get the ball rolling. So I will begin the pattern making process once I gather data from the stock intake.

Hello CNC Dude,

I am new to the forum and have an interest in a dual carb intake manifold for a 1950 Ford 226 H series Flathead. What is the best way to follow your progress with your efforts to manufacture these?

Will you be creating a split or dual exhaust manifold as well? Thank you

Respectfully

MercMarc

Marc

Even though the 223 is a different family of engine. I would be interested in a split manifold if you decide to produce one. Judging by the prices the Fenton manifold brings a new one would sell very well.

Hello CNC Dude,

My name is Jake and I’m from Texas so we are loud and proud and to the point. I’m new so I’ll be making the 5 post as soon as possible to be able to to PMs.

If you are still interested as I am for the love of the ideal that the Ford Flathead 226 deserves a little love and aftermarket support it’s V8 brother has gotten.

I have purchased a secondary 226 Flathead intake and am willing to ship to you. Looks pretty spot on for being exact to the one already on my 226 in my ‘50 Custom.

Just let me know if you are interested I’ll do what I can to help. Put it simply I want to hop my Flathead up as much as I reasonably can so I can daily drive it and it will be good bit of freeway.

Working on getting my hands on 3 speed B. W. Overdrive unit and will ultimately go with a set of Reds Headers. I will get around to tracking other things such a a dual point distributor.

Sincerely Jake.

Welcome aboard. Which engine are you working with?

Nothing on the intake. I was having problems finding a foundry to cast such a long piece. That has also made my valve cover project stall also. Shorter pieces are no problem.....

Hey CNC Dude, here is a company that my work uses.
Aluminum Die-Casting (ADC3900.com)
They just do aluminum castings. They are reasonably priced. But for a 6 cylinder intake, it might be pricey for the mold to be made. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

I can make the patterns myself. The problem I'm having is finding a local foundry to cast something this large. I may investigate them, thanks!

Hey CNC Dude quick question have you considered also making aluminum heads for the lovable Ford 226? I know they won’t be cheap due to the demand may not be as strong as the Flathead 8 but I know I would buy it lol. I know that the issue with getting the dual intake cast is finding a foundry to make such a large piece so this issue would also apply to casting the head.

But if you have a need of a head from a 226 to work with I’ll send you the spare I got for this endeavor. I want the 226 get the same love the flat 8 gets that and it benefits my 226 goals.

I have followed up on those offers to provide an intake for dimensioning purposes to create a new multi-carb intake for the Flathead 6 engine, but so far no one has come through. So unless someone can provide one, i'm shutting the door on this project and moving on to something else.
Hey i have a old intake/exhaust manifold as well a header flange I had designed/cut to make my own intake,exhaust
Would love a 3x2 intake for my 226.
I know it’s years later but maybe it’s time.

Hey i have a old intake/exhaust manifold as well a header flange I had designed/cut to make my own intake,exhaust
Would love a 3x2 intake for my 226.
I know it’s years later but maybe it’s time.

Attachments

• 15546052-2754-43E7-A274-28F214DF1F7A.jpeg
    15546052-2754-43E7-A274-28F214DF1F7A.jpeg
    573.5 KB · Views: 12
Back