VIP
Subscriber
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2018
I recently heard of this:

My name is Brent House and I am a hot rodder and I wanted to reach out to you with something I think you might be able to help me out with. I recently purchased a 1964 Ford F250 that has a running inline 262 cu in engine in it. I am pulling the engine, original transmission and Dana rearend and will be replacing it with a modern driveline and suspension. I am hoping you all can help me here. I understand the Ford 262 is a fairly rare engine that was only produced for 3 or 4 years up until 1964 or so. I do not need the engine, tranny or rear end anymore, but being a hot rodder I would hate to scrap a potentially scarce engine that someone may be interested in or need for their own project. Would you be willing to put the word out to see if there is any interest in this or at least let me know if I should just go ahead and scrap it as it is not worth keeping? I am not looking to really get anything out of it except to get these parts to somebody who could use them. I will be pulling the engine soon and I can provide any pictures of the engine or even a video of it running if need be. I live in the Seattle area but I would be willing to try and work with somebody to make the swap. I will try to hold off scrapping it until I hear back from you.

Thanks for your help in this.

Brent House bhouse46@hotmail.com

Just wanted to post a thank you to Brent and Frenchtown for offering up this engine and spreading the word. I made the trip up to Seattle yesterday (from Portland, in my 64 F100) and picked up the 262, the Dana 60, and the T98. Brent and his family were extremely friendly - the whole day could not have gone better. And now I own an engine I have been trying to obtain for about 5 years.

Thanks a lot guys!

:beer: happy 4th and congrats! They are difficult to find I also looked for a 262 for many years and finally gave up. Good luck :nod:

Back